Trade Compliance Manager
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
‘ARE YOU 'CUSTOMER FOCUSED & TEAM PLAYER'
We Like That About You
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group, providing front-line products and services for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 40,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling and quarrying . In 2019, sales were approximately 45 billion SEK with about 14,000 employees within continuing operations.
Parts & Services Logistics – Our Function and Culture
Logistics is an essential support arm for multiple divisions within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions and manages 30 Warehouses (6 Hubs + 24 Satellites) in 17 distinct countries and 5 continents. Key to our central activity and role is providing proactive, worldwide, logistical expertise and timely delivery of essential after sales parts to our customers across the globe.
Based on the variety of functions performed in Parts & Services Logistics, there are numerous opportunities for career advancement in areas including; Warehousing, Order Management, Inventory Management, Freight, Supplier Management, Logistics Transformation and Supply Chain Information Systems. These key functions support the activities which collectively are providing and delivering the right product to the right customer at the right time.
We are now recruiting for a Trade Compliance Manager (Hybrid) - for a permanent position in our Dublin Office.
The Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) Trade Compliance Organisation was established to ensure that the requirements of SMR Trade Compliance policy and procedures are embedded in business operations. The Trade Compliance Manager is a crucial role within Sandvik Mining and Construction Logistics Ltd (SMCL) responsible for driving both policy requirements and procedures directly into SMCL business operations. This role is responsible for integrating compliance processes and tools throughout the entities value chain. The Trade Compliance function ensures that export and import procedures comply with international trade regulations.
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge of business operations to identify and mitigate trade compliance risk whilst analyzing potential mitigation options.
- Actively champion, communicate, drive and embed Trade Compliance Policy requirements into SMCL business operations.
- Lead Trade Compliance projects, aligning and anchoring goals, initiatives, and activities in all the SMCL hosted Division’s.
- Provide tactical management and daily support, develop and ensure implementation of Division business processes, and secure ownership and responsibility for trade compliance areas in the organization.
- Verify that trade compliance processes are adhered to, ensure the maturity of Trade Compliance processes grows and remains at a high standard, and ensure proper documentation is maintained.
- By conducting training and education and securing knowledge and best practice sharing in the Divisions, create an awareness about trade compliance in both an operational and management team settings.
- Together with the Trade Compliance officers in the other organizations, drive knowledge sharing and cross-site learning initiatives, ensure that best practices are rolled out, and develop new tools or processes as needed.
- Actively engaging with key SMCL stakeholders (legal, regulatory, finance, quality, IT, R&D, and operations teams), promoting strong and positive working relationships and working cross functionally with to achieve Sandvik’s mission, vision and objectives.
- Support the business in international trade activities and changes in trade rules aligned with Sandvik Group and Business Area SMR.
- Be aware of changes in trade laws, determine impacts on the company and disseminate knowledge to relevant stakeholders across the organization.
- Trade Compliance subject matter expert liaising with Customs and Governmental Agencies where appropriate.
- Establish and build a SMCL Trade Compliance function:
- Together with the Finance Director, define the strategy of the SMCL Trade Compliance function. Participate in Finance and Trade Compliance management team meetings to drive the achievement of this strategy.
- Recruit, manage and develop a team of Trade Compliance and Trade Preference Specialists.
- Succession planning and talent management within the Trade Compliance function.
- Promoting Sandvik core values and principles.
- Other adhoc duties as requested
- Minimum 5 years trade compliance experience, of which minimum 2 years in a management position.
- Experience with international trade flows and customs and import/export operations and export control.
- Knowledge of and/or certification in the following areas: ECCN classification, Customs valuation principles, rules of origin, free trade agreements, INCOTERMS, AEO.
- Knowledge of Logistics and Supply Chain, project management, and change management is highly desired.
Educated to Masters degree level in a relevant field of study
Ability to travel globally as required
What we offer:
22 days annual leave
4 Company Days
Defined Contribution Pension
VHI Health Insurance
Life & Disability Insurance
Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
Flexible start & Finish times
Hybrid working model
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: Dublin, Ireland (Dockline, Mayor Street, IFSC, Dublin 1)
Reporting to: Finance Director SMC Logistics
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunnelling and quarrying. In 2021, sales were approximately 41 billion SEK with about 15,500 employees within continuing operations.
A glimpse of our culture
At Sandvik, we’re tech driven, innovative and entrepreneurial! For us, success is a team effort - we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where people can be themselves and reach their full potential. So, we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our differences. We also give you the freedom to find that perfect mix between work, family life and interests. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us further.
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly via the Workday Employee Self Service with the reference [O/S]. For further information regarding the recruitment process contact HRIreland@sandvik.com. Read more about Sandvik and apply at https://www.home.sandvik/career
The closing date for applications is 30th September 2022
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU
Scadenza: Non impostata
ID posizione: R0044967