Power BI Team Lead (M2)
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
WE WANT YOU TO HELP US CREATE THE BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE FUTURE OF OUR COMPANY
The aim of the new SMR Business Intelligence team is to deliver business value by providing insights to business users within a short time frame. This objective will require modernised data architecture and a good understanding of our data domains. The team will shift its focus from tools and technology to understanding the business questions that need to be answered, and the data required to answer them. If you have a passion for data insights and delivering business value, then participating in this Business Intelligence transformation is for you.
We are looking for exceptional people to join our multi-cultural team located in Dublin. This is a fantastic opportunity to create the digital future for our organisation using the very latest Business Intelligence technologies, creating sustainable business benefits and supporting the execution of Divisional strategies.
As we are creating a new internal Business Intelligence competency in the Dublin office, this presents a great opportunity for learning and career development in this full-time position.
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group, providing front-line products and services for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 40,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are now recruiting for a Power BI Team Lead for a permanent role in our Dublin Office.
As the Power BI team lead, you will be responsible for the delivery of data, reporting platforms and solutions to business key stakeholders enabling them to make data-informed decisions. Our primary Business Intelligence tool is Power BI. It will be your responsibility to develop a governance framework for how we support the business with their Power BI applications. This framework should include application maintenance & support, enhancements, and training. You will drive the strategy of our Power BI platform and manage the day-to-day operations of the BI team.
The selected candidate will be self-motivated, innovative and passionate about data. She/he will work across multiple geographies with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, and collaborative, environment and play a significant role in the growth of the company.
This position would be highly suited to a business profile with experience & interest in BI technologies or a senior BI consultant / developer, who is looking for the next step in her/his career and wants to take on more responsibility with a business focus.
Area of Responsibility
- Responsible for several or all aspects of IT within a designated area involving the definition, development, maintenance and operation of systems.
- Ensures the area´s technological level is up to date, conducting studies and implementing new procedures and techniques and the selection of hardware, software and supplies.
- Review business requirements together with other key BI stakeholders and the business and deliver high level solution designs
- Establish and Implement a Power BI governance framework using proven best practices
- Maintain and promote a consistent and secure Power BI data modelling practice
- Work with relevant stakeholders to improve the processes for the creation and maintenance of Power BI applications
- Manage a team of Power BI developers to ensure delivery of business requirements
- Manage the maintenance and development of the access control portal related to our frontend BI applications
- Monitor the operational performance of delivered frontend applications (application management)
- Educate business leaders and be an evangelist for the promotion and adoption of BI solutions
- Work with the BI and Information Governance teams to fully map our data domains and make these visible and understood within our Data Catalogue
- Develop a Power BI training roadmap and certification for business users
You are a highly motivated, delivery focused leader with superb interpersonal skills and a passion for excellence. You have a positive outlook, a can-do attitude and thrive on working in a multi-cultural team environment.
You have a strong working knowledge of BI concepts and experience of working on Power BI technology. A strong knowledge of data modelling techniques, writing business requirements.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy. You can demonstrate experience and exposure to project management concepts and tools.
You have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, are proficient in the MS Office Suite and the ability to articulate complex ideas and findings. You are highly organised, with good planning and people management skills. You are educated to Degree level and have 3+ years of hands on experience in developing or working with developers on Power BI solutions.
Some international travel will be required.
What we offer:
- 22 days annual leave
- 4 Company Days
- Defined Contribution Pension
- VHI Health Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
- Flexible start & Finish times
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Reporting to: The Director of Business Intelligence
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly via the Workday Employee Self Service with the reference [O/S]. For further information regarding the recruitment process contact Vanessa.Scott@Sandvik.com.
Prior to this recruitment, we have already decided which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to utilize, and we respectfully decline any contact from marketing or recruitment agencies regarding additional channels or campaigns.
The closing date for applications is 1st December 2021
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU.
Please click on Sandvik Home for more information about our company.
Scadenza: Non impostata
ID posizione: R0034530