Application Specialist - Surface Drills
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is looking for an
Application Specialist, Surface Drills
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the Mining and Construction industries, currently has an opening for an Application Specialist, Surface Drills.
Key performance areas
The Application Specialist is responsible for application expertise in the Sales Area for Surface drilling. The role provides the link between the Business Line and sales team (or dealer) and their customers. The role is application and product focused and concentrates on providing guidance and application expertise of Drill and Blast operations and our product portfolio for Surface drilling for the product range to all of our Mining and Construction customers in Sales Area USA, based on needs of the customers and our strategic direction for the Sales Area. Product specifications, selection and its application lie with this role as well as working together with our customer to make sure they are able to optimize their fleet selection, utilization and implementation of the newest Sandvik technology available to maximize the value of our products to their operations.
Location – Flexible in geographic area, travel requirement approx. 50-65 % of work days
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Business Growth and Development
- Provides sales support (may include providing leads, assisting on sales calls, making presentations, providing training, providing competitive intelligence, etc…) to Account Managers and Sales Representatives.
- Creates business development plans and targets for the product range in collaboration with the Business Line Manager and the regional Sales Managers. This will include the introduction of new products into the market.
- Conducts Drilling and operational studies, MWD-analysis, ensuring the added value of our technology is captured and presented in the right way.
- Provides significant input into strategic plans for the continued expansion of the product line for all relevant stakeholders within the Sales Area.
- Coordinates data from the market for analysis, research and design engineering for the successful development of new product offerings.
- Participates in the team to develop and implement plans and actions in accordance with global and regional initiatives and guidelines
- Basic knowledge of profit and loss statement and balance sheet items linked to operational understanding.
- Provides training and education on the product range, assisting with the compilation of tender documentation, pricing strategies, and the supply of marketing material to support sales efforts.
- Visits key customers in conjunction with the sales team to provide in depth product knowledge. This will include development of direct customer relationships with key clients and to help the aftermarket teams to trouble shoot technical problems.
- Coordinates and reviews information, ensuring that product performance levels and specifications meet customer requirements.
- Develops and organizes product and application training for sales and service personnel for the respective products.
- Is the subject matter expert on the new technology features of the drills like GPS-navigation systems, data integration to customer’s platforms and performance/diagnostic data generated by the drills.
- Stays current on industry developments, competitive offerings and issues affecting sales and customers.
- Provides on-going regional feedback. This may include playing a proactive role in the International Offering Team that discusses the global customer needs of the future.
- Assists factories with field-testing and trials of new products and updated components to ensure proper and safe operation
- Monitor test results for new products to implement improvement of the product
- Coordinate promotional and marketing material in conjunction with the Marketing.
Safety and Environment
- Complies with safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work habits.
- Strives to find safer ways for customers to work with Sandvik’s products.
- Personal Leadership
- Ensures that all activities are carried out tin accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures.
- Takes Responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills.
- Proactively ensures community involvement within the area of responsibility.
You possess as a minimum a Bachelor’s (or two-year college diploma) in mining engineering or mechanical engineering along with 5 – 10 years of product application or industry experience.
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to work in a team environment
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity
- Detail orientation
- Flexible, self-motivated and drive to achieve customer satisfaction goals and targets
- Strong investigation and diagnostic skills
- Ability to assess and manage business risk
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to interact with various levels from top management to equipment operators and maintenance personnel
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive package of health, dental and disability insurance, PTO, paternal leave and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Application Specialist, Surface Drills position, Job Req. ID# R0049134.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law. #LI-Hybrid #LI-Remote
Scadenza: Non impostata
ID posizione: R0049134