Sandvik Machining Solutions in Mebane, NC is looking for a
If you are looking a skilled mechanical designer who wants to be a key player in making the American industry more competitive and want to take your career to the next level with a world leader in cutting tool Design, we welcome you to consider the Design Engineer position with Sandvik Machining Solutions!
Sandvik Machining Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global market-leading manufacturer of tools and tooling systems for advanced industrial metal cutting. Products are manufactured in cemented carbide and other hard materials such as diamond, cubic boron nitride and special ceramics.
Key performance areas
As the Design Engineer, you will develop and design products, equipment and tools that are able to produce products that meets high quality requirements and performance standards. Analyses equipment specifications and process requirements to conceive a practical design. You will work with a network of experienced people to gather input and bounce ideas, while using a flora of existing cutting tool technologies to hone in on a solution.
Additionally, the Design Engineer will:
- Reviews product development requirements for compatibility with methods to determine cost and schedules.
- Integrates equipment and material capabilities to meet module target specifications and technology target specifications.
- Responsible for handing over method/process and equipment to production.
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings.
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost, reliability and safety.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product.
- Ensures compliance with established industry safety and design standards and guidelines.
- A BS College degree or equivalent work experience is required
- 5-10 years experience with cutting tools
- Proficiency in trigonometry, geometry, and mechanical design
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- May be required to undergo security clearance screening and obtain same for entry into some customer facilities
- Must possess a strong proficiency level with Microsoft personal computer software.
- Employee must be able to work in a cooperative team environment.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan, bonus plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/career to the Design Engineer position, JR #R0034458
At Sandvik Coromant, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Scadenza: Non impostata
ID posizione: R0034458