Product Support Specialist – Fire Suppression
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Product Support Specialist – Fire Suppression – Virginia
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
You are responsible for providing product support and training to key Sandvik equipment factories and Sales Areas. You will lead in research and development of new and existing product in our R&D center, create and maintain training packages for in-field procedures to support the design, installation, and commissioning of Fire Suppression Systems. Provide diagnostic and product application support to resolve technical enquiries for Sales teams and service Technicians.
Frequent Travel domestically & internationally is required, you will need to ability to do so.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements include condensed working weeks, working from home, flexible start/finish times, etc.
Areas of responsibility
- Design, Installation, commissioning, and verification of systems for training purposes
- Provide third line (engineering team) technical support across the product range and assist with the appropriate corrective actions thereafter
- Manage continuous improvement within the product support process
- Ensure product support, training systems and databases are maintained
- Liaise with factories with regards to market requirements, warranty, and product improvements
- Project team leadership and management of resources to deliver internal and external projects on time and within budget particularly with regards to live fire testing coordination and management
- Training and coaching of Product Champions in the field and in production units to sustain business growth and competencies
- Support to Engineering teams to reach and maintain global compliance
- Liaise with 3rd party service providers – both internal and external to ensure their deliverables are met on time and within budget
- Ensure R&D centre and all equipment contained is maintained, calibrated and operating in a safe and efficient manner
- Develop a strong working relationship with service contractors, suppliers and integrate the value add product into the Sandvik Product offering
- Manage, implement and maintain quality assurance processes and systems including supplier technical processes
You have a strong customer focus, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to operate independently and without close supervision and ability to work as part of a team. You demonstrated ability to lead, manage and develop a high performing and diverse team and the ability to coach and mentor employees to achieve goals. You are safety focus, with experience in equipment maintenance and field service, as well as some experience in systems support, remote support and technical or product training. This role requires a Certification for training and assessing and training and assessing experience. A Sound understanding of quality control processes and systems and Mechanical trade certificate or extensive hands-on mechanical experience.
Agencies need not apply.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 12.5% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
0448 044 698
Määräaika: 21 heinä
Työpaikan tunnus: R0043071