Get your driver's licence in metal cutting
Learn about the fundamentals of metal cutting technology with the new e-learning program.
The content mirrors the 360-page Metal Cutting Technology Technical Training Handbook and has been produced in an interactive environment of 75 separate courses. These include videos, animations, questions and voiceovers, with guidance on learning the "what, how and why".
Get fundamental knowledge in metal cutting by e-learning
Metal Cutting Technology is a new e-learning program for anyone working with metal cutting. As a result of participating in training, participants will be better able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of metal cutting.
- Understand all the important aspects of internal and external turning, parting and grooving, milling, drilling, boring and tool holding.
- Understand the basics of production economics.
- Improve productivity and profitability in workshops.
- Optimize cutting data.
- Optimize cutting tool life.
- Recognize different types of tool wear and their remedies.
- Choose the right cutting tool for the job.
- Plan the best metal cutting process for a component.
- Solve problems in the metal cutting process.
- Feel job satisfaction due to better knowledge.
The training material has been developed by Sandvik Coromant based on the needs of production people all over the world. The course content comprises 75 training courses and is "Brand Neutral."