Supply chain and logistics
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group, providing front-line products and services for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 40,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation packaging, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance and an incredible 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
We are currently looking for a Warehouse Technician on our 2nd shift in our Elko, NV. Location.
The Warehouse Technician is responsible for the execution of the operations functions at a transactional level and to lead task within the relevant warehouse section to ultimately meet key performance indicators within the guidelines of all established policies and procedures. You will contribute to a clean and safe working environment ensuring an effective and efficient execution of the distribution operations, profitability of the organization and customer satisfaction through performing basic distribution operational processes maintaining quality and productivity standards.
About the role:
- Receive correct parts and quantities in time and on time
- Assist with stock counts – Wall to wall and cycle counts
- Receiving of inbound purchase orders or transfer orders
- Put-away/binning of stock
- Picking of orders
- Packing of orders
- Assist in accurately and methodically preparing shipping/export documentation for relevant orders
- Maintains and update warehouse location data in Sandvik systems
- Completes detailed administrative data entry in Sandvik IT system
- Reports any discrepancies with regard to inventory, safety and other anomalies
- Handles customer queries when requested to sort out relevant issues (Internal and external customers)
- Make deliveries to customer location on rotation (internal and external)
- Participates in continuous improvement projects
- LPS support
- Ensure that all warehouse equipment is working properly and that safety procedures are followed
- Warehouse administration and housekeeping
Other duties as assigned what we are looking for:
2+ years’ experience in Warehousing/ Distribution/ Supply Chain environment
Forklift driving experience/certification, Warehouse Management System, Badge related systems and other warehouse systems as assigned
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.