Supply chain and logistics
Manager, Operations 2nd Shift
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
As the 2nd Shift Operations Manager (Mon-Fri 3:00PM-11:30PM), you will be responsible for ensuring effective warehouse operations. This will include manage all warehouse operations, managing the day to day operational activities of the 2nd Shift actives in the Chicago Warehouse with key focus areas of people management, forward planning, costs and KPI’s. This role has a strong focus on Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) standards and compliance with chain of responsibility.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Inbound, Inventory, Outbound warehouse management, and logistics
- Quality, EMS, and safety programs
- Operational cost control, KPI
- Facilitate the development and implementation of additional services or processes to expand sales capability
- Lead the 3rd Shift and set an example for others to follow with the ability to supervise and provide direction and guidance to other employees
- Leading, developing and mentoring a team while implementing and driving change management
- Lead team meetings while providing on-the-job training and career development to all team members
- College degree with an emphasis in distribution, warehouse, logistics, retail, or transportation. Some college plus equivalent work experience may be accepted. Preferably in the warehouse, manufacturing, or transportation industry
- 3-5 years of warehouse experience in a warehouse, manufacturing, distribution, or logistics environment
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience and inventory control experience in a manufacturing or distribution site
- Proven ability to develop and lead team members in meeting goals and objectives
- Strong attention to detail, extremely well-organized and are highly proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Proactive and results-oriented demeanor
- Strong customer focus, to provide a superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Knowledge of asset management procedures, and information used to optimize inventory levels and/or fill rates
- Proven experience in quality and safety
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and follow-through skills
- Maintain forklift certification
- Availability to travel, as needed
You possess warehousing, distribution and customer service experience, as well as inventory control experience in a manufacturing or distribution site. You have well-developed leadership skills, and excellent teamwork and communication skills. You are extremely well-organized and are highly proficient in the Microsoft Office suite. Your strong customer focus enables you to provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
Sandvik provides opportunities for competence development and training, as well as, opportunities for career advancement. We believe diversity is meaningful for success and growth!
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.