Supply chain and logistics
VMI Warehouse Operator
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
VMI Warehouse Operator
Location: British Columbia (14/14 Rotation)
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently we have an opening for a Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Warehouse Operator. The VMI Warehouse Operator is responsible for the shipment, receipt, and distribution of materials in a timely and accurate manner.
Are you experienced with warehouse responsibilities? Do you enjoy working in a team? We want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Assists with shipping and receiving, unloads trucks, checks in materials and stores in appropriate and assigned bin location.
- Files appropriate documentation.
- Processes sales orders and invoices in accordance with company process.
- Updates and maintains warehouse location system.
- Cycle counting and physical inventory.
- Prepares export documentation as required.
- Maintains shipping supplies inventory.
- Arranges shipping/transport.
- Accepts/rejects vendor inventory transactions.
- Expedites urgent orders to ensure customer receives when needed.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by Warehouse Supervisor or his designate (Warehouse Lead).
Environmental Health and Safety
- We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We put health and safety first!
What you will bring along
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum six (6) months relevant experience.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong active listening skills.
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to travel to and from remote sites for counts, consignment set-up and support when required.
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Warehouse Operator, requisition # R0061174; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations or gender identities/expressions.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs in keeping with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act; therefore, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact commonHR.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.