Supply chain and logistics
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has an opening for an Outbound Supervisor.
We have an opportunity for an Outbound Supervisor on our 1st shift at our warehouse in Romeoville IL. We are seeking a hands-on and results driven leader that will partner with management to foster a collaborative team environment in a customer focused oriented culture.
The supervisor oversees and supervise a team of Outbound Warehouse employees and drivers to make sure all items are prepared, shipped, and received on time while complying with company policy, quality and safety standards. They act as a liaison between workers and management and report on shipping activities and issues.
Key responsibilities Include:
- Oversees all aspects of compliance in regard to people and equipment, such as daily inspections on all operational equipment
- Participates in continuous improvement projects
- Ensure that all operational reporting is completed and made available via applicable Sandvik systems
- Ensures that shipping/export documentation for orders are accurately and methodically processed
- Reports any discrepancies with regard to stock, safety and other operational anomalies
- Comply with all aspects of the Sandvik EHS policy and any reasonable instruction, procedures or systems of work which are given in the interest of providing safe workplaces and eliminating environmental harm
- Supervise the Outbound team and sets an example for others to follow with the ability to supervise and provide direction and guidance to other employees
- Lead team meetings while providing on-the-job training and career development to all team members
We are looking for someone with a previous experience supervising in a Warehouse as well as highly developed customer relations, time management and organizational skills. With your leadership capabilities comes a high-level of initiative, drive and determination. You will also have well-develop interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and motivate staff. You will also have sound Microsoft Office skills and prior exposure to ERP, Warehouse, Transport and EHS management systems will be beneficial.
Additionally, education in Warehouse or Supply Chain discipline or an advantage and knowledge of the mining industry is desirable.
Forklift truck & Order picking forklift truck license is essential.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the
Outbound Supervisor – Chicago Warehouse
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.