The Senior Buyer is an experienced professional with an adept understanding of sophisticated products with large BOMs and negotiating delivery dates and pricing with suppliers in a manufacturing environment. Success for this position is measured by cost effective, on time delivery of all components needed for our products, proactive communication to internal staff and outside suppliers, thorough tracking of every component at each stage of the procurement process, production workflow efficiency, and on time deliveries to our customers. An understanding of electrical, hydraulic and mechanical engineering principles is very important.
- Process and complete simple to complex purchase requests; determines prices from available vendors which meet cost and quality guidelines; places orders; verifying receipt of purchase.
- Develop an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all open purchase orders.
- Management of Change Suggestions-Push In’s/ Push Outs
- Stay abreast of Best Practices, current / future policies and procedures, regulatory / trade requirements, and market dynamics appropriate to function.
- Process returned, defective or non-conforming material.
- Work with accounting to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly interactive environment
- Adheres to tight and strict deadlines while maintaining quality and integrity of the product
- Teamwork, cooperation, positive attitude and strong work ethic
Skills/Special Training Required to Effectively Perform the Job:
- Strong technical skills with a working knowledge of manufacturing processes, disciplines, equipment and equipment utilization
- Experience dealing with outside contractors and regulatory agents
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
- Experience in proactive manufacturing strategies
- Experienced in metal fabrication, manual and cnc machining, welding, mechanical & electrical assembly, and production support processes
- Excellent communications skills, oral, written and electronic
- Experience with ERP Epicor Kinetic systems a plus
- Associates degree in Materials Management, Procurement or technical oriented field required preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- APICS CPIM a Plus
- 7+ years of experience in various phases of manufacturing production operations
Careers with Sandvik:
Sandvik offers a career opportunity with an international company that develops and creates cutting edge electric and hybrid technology. You will be part of a fast-growing establishment of highly motivated people who have a strong will to succeed. With us, you have substantial opportunities for personal development, and will be working with highly skilled colleagues. Sandvik provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k), Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans, paid vacation and 11 paid holidays.
$59,752 - $85,000
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.