Sales and product service
Technical Implementation Manager
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
Technical Implementation Manager
Location: Greater Sudbury (Lively), ON
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently, we have an opening for a Technical Implementation Manager. The Technical Implementation Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of the Technical Specialists and Operator Trainer team with a strong focus on technological and practical applications in the workplace to build service capability by managing the end to end technology implementation to the organization through the Technical Specialist team and ensure service excellence and expertise way of working throughout the service organization.
Are you a strong leader who enjoys mentoring and growing a diverse team? We want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Responsible for the management and development of the Technical Specialist team in alignment with Training and Competence Development Manager and global framework and standards.
- Ensure that our Technical Specialist team’s competence is consistent and aligned with the technologies installed and to be delivered including but not limited to BHEV, Automation and Digitalization.
- Responsible for maintaining Remote Support to provide support to Field Service Technicians and all Product Areas coverage when advance troubleshooting/application knowledge is required.
- Ensure that knowledge transfer occurs to field service technicians and workshop technicians to increase their competencies when assistance from Technical Specialist is required. This support will be in a coaching and mentoring nature for technicians to do the required work.
- Responsible to monitor and implement the introduction of new equipment technology into the sale area in collaboration with equipment division personnel.
- In conjunction with the Training and Competence Development Manager, ensure that required training programs for the technical specialist are secured.
- Develop customer training modules or packages that Sandvik can offer and ensure that it is documented by the Training and Competence Development Manager.
- Lead the Technical Specialists and provide technical training on proper operation, adjustments, maintenance and troubleshooting practices.
- Provide technical support to end users, operators, and service personnel in cases of complex technical issues as needed.
Environmental Health and Safety
- Adherence to the Sandvik Environmental, Health & Safety Policy.
- Attending health and safety related trainings.
- Performing Risk Assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task.
- Identification and reporting of hazards.
- Working in a safe manner as reasonably practicable.
- Wearing the required PPE's assigned for each location.
What you will bring along
- Technical qualification in a mechanical and/or discipline.
- Formal education in training and assessment considered an asset.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage a team of various skill levels in a matrix organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- Ability to conduct presentations, train, and transfer knowledge to others.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative.
- Superior customer relations and active listening skills.
- Computer literacy such as Microsoft 365 suite, MySandvik, Maximo considered an asset.
- Ability to travel when required.
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Technical Implementation Manager, requisition #R0061796; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations or gender identities/expressions.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs in keeping with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act; therefore, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact commonHR.email@example.com for more information.