Sales and product service
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking
Licensed Workshop Technician
Location: Lively, ON
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently we have an opening for a licensed Workshop Technician. The Workshop Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of mechanical and electrical aspects of Sandvik equipment and components.
Are you a licensed Automotive, Truck & Coach, or Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic? If so, we want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Maintenance and Servicing Equipment.
- Plan for correct tools and parts required to perform tasks, according to work procedures.
- Commissioning of products that includes pre-delivery inspections and hot (operational and at customer site) commissioning.
- Conduct root cause analysis (RCA) to identify and solve common problems, as a first line support.
- Identify components, understand basic functionality, and conduct maintenance and repair work accordingly. This includes the provision of preventive and cost-efficient repairs.
- Support the customer’s product/equipment/processes by suggesting possible improvements. (According to sales area requirements.)
- Uses knowledge and experience to solve standard problems for customers.
- Understands system functionality and interactions of hydraulics/mechanics/electrics/automation/pneumatics/materials.
- Complete maintenance reports for internal and external stakeholders e.g., report and document on maintenance and/or repairs completed. Obtain customer authorization to invoice.
- Occasionally collect technical feedback in Sales Area (inputs into Database).
- Assigns simple tasks to junior staff and guides them in completing them.
- Coachs customer technicians on basic servicing and maintenance principles.
- Ensures that routine work procedures (using the tools provided), are carried out according to safety standards.
Environmental Health and Safety
- We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We put health and safety first!
What you will bring along
- Technical (Mechanical) diploma is required
- Red Seal certification is required
- Minimum 3-5 years’ related experience with industry specific equipment
- Previous experience with Sandvik equipment is considered an asset
- Ability to read/comprehend related schematics
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes in relation to product rebuilds
- Time management and organizational skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Outlook)
- Automotive, truck & coach or heavy-duty equipment experience is considered a strong asset
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive package that includes a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life, and disability benefits.
In addition, Sandvik offers a consistent day shift schedule with four-day work weeks, an annual tool allowance, and supports ongoing professional training and development.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Workshop Technician position, through requisition R0061358.
We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are always available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.