Sales and product service
Business Line Manager - Mechanical Cutting
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Brier Hill, PA is looking for a
Business Line Manager – Mechanical Cutting
Key performance areas:
The Business Line Manager – Mechanical Cutting primary objectives are customer satisfaction, market share, and profitability. The role is customer focused and concentrates on the development and implementation of sales strategies for Mechanical Cutting within the Sales Area.
Responsibility includes overall results of the respective Business Line, within the Sales Area, and is accountable for the success and the long-term viability of the business.
Responsibility also includes leadership, development, and management of the Business Line team, with a strong focus on ensuring the team also works collaboratively with other business lines, to maximize the business potential sales opportunities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Business Growth and Development
- Drive sales (may include handling all aspects of bidding, project studies, customer requests, providing leads, assisting on, or making sales calls, making presentations, providing training, providing competitive intelligence, etc…) directly to Customers and internally to our Account Managers and Sales Representatives and to our dealers.
- Responsible for Business Line – Mechanical Cutting P&L and NWC within the Sales Area, achieving profitability targets, and aligning with the global Divisions financial targets.
- Identify and develop sales plans and objectives for the Business Line – Mechanical Cutting customer base, inclusive of accurate forecasting.
- Develop and enhance the overall relationship with key customers, leading to constructive and profitable business partnerships. This will require involvement in the compilation of tenders and long-term contracts, as well as working with Service team to ensure customer ‘technical’ issues are resolved.
- Growing revenue and profitability through direct personal customer management to key corporate accounts in the Sales Area. Ensures expert technical support is provided at a high level to guarantee our customers extract maximum value from our products.
- Working cooperatively and in collaboration with Account Management team to identify and pursue customer sales opportunities. Leveraging bundled deals as a tool to gain market share, where applicable.
- Create customer value propositions for the local market to proactively create opportunities for Sandvik.
- Manage AR/cash collection per contract terms.
- Coordinates data from the market for analysis, research, and design engineering for the successful development of new product offerings.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Business discipline preferred.
- Ten years industry-related experience
- Strong customer service focus
- Understanding of underground mining, equipment and technology preferred.
- Ability to create a long-term business development plan.
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- High level of professionalism, honesty, and integrity
- Ability to see the big picture, yet focus on the detail
- Working knowledge of relevant applications would be highly desirable
- Ability to assess and manage business risk
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
Sandvik offers an outstanding catalog of benefits and employee perks such as:
- Benefits eligibility that begin 30 days after start date
- Health care eligibility that includes, medical, dental, vision, prescription and telemedicine
- Paid vacation with up to 40 hours available to roll over into the next year
- A very strong 401(k). We contribute 5% annual salary to the Retirement Savings plan. We also match 50% of the first 6%.
- Tuition reimbursement
In addition to these outstanding benefits, Sandvik provides a company laptop and cell phone.
Sandvik provides opportunities for competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement. We believe diversity is meaningful for success and growth.
How to Apply
For consideration, please apply https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Business Line Manager - Mechanical Cutting position, Job Req. ID# R0061042.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.