Sales and product service
Customer Service Representative
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is looking for a
Customer Service Representative
Location - Elko, NV
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has an opening for a Customer Service Representative.
The Customer Sales and Support Representative is the first point of contact for customers and owner of the order process, responsible for answering and responding to customer issues with a sense of personal accountability, urgency and professionalism. Besides controlling the sales process, this role also puts an emphasis on the sourcing & logistics process as well as demand planning. This position is a key function of the sales team, with the aim of building long-term customer satisfaction.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Answer incoming calls from Sales Reps/Customers, answer questions and/or involve internal stakeholders for support on technical & commercial matters.
- Answer and process sales orders coming in through various channels (e.g., phone, email and other customer interfaces)
- Upon receipt of Sales Rep’s requests for quotes, communicate to appropriate Production Units or external vendors for quote & lead time.
- Assess customer inquiries and involve appropriate support teams on technical questions to provide feedback to customers in a timely manner.
- Open and track cases in Salesforce for all incoming quote requests.
- Assist in systemic set-up of new item codes as necessary.
- Prepare quotes in Sandvik Operating Systems for customers based on vendor quotes received.
- Take ownership of customer issues and ensure commitments are met as promised.
- Convert quotes to orders when customer purchase order is received.
- Proactively inform customer of any changes to order status, backlog issues, or other relevant matters.
- Advise supervisor of customer concerns and solicit support where needed.
- Send customer freight charges for approval prior to shipment.
- Create customer invoices upon shipment of goods.
- Place purchase orders with Vendors, linking PO’s to customer orders.
- Expedite urgent vendor purchase orders to ensure customer receives when needed.
- Receive vendor purchase orders upon receipt.
- Request freight quotes from carriers as required.
- Schedule shipments based on carrier quotes and customer required dates.
- Obtain Proof of Delivery from carriers upon customer delivery.
- Utilize tools and resources provided (sourcing allocation, stock, rob jobs) to satisfy customer requirements.
- Prepare monthly reports as requested.
- Stay current on industry developments, competitive offerings and issues affecting sales and customers.
- Develop working knowledge of products and their functions for their respective customer group.
- Associate degree, or equivalent related experience
- 2-5 years of relevant customer service experience
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel and the Windows environment
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management tools (e.g., Salesforce)
- Strong customer service focus and skills
- High degree of personal accountability and follow-up skills
- Strong communications skills – written, verbal, listening
- Ability to work as part of a virtual team
- Mechanical aptitude
- Computer proficiency
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
We offer a competitive compensation package. Generous benefit package includes life, health, dental, PTO, holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Customer Service Representative position, Job Req. ID# R0060663.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.