Sales and product service
Service Technician - Electrical
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Service Technician - Electrical | Heatherbrae, NSW
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a globally recognized leader in supplying equipment, tools, parts, service, and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. As a business area within the Sandvik Group, we are proud to employ approximately 44,000 people across more than 150 countries.
Our commitment to sustainability is unwavering, and we conduct business in a responsible and ethical manner. Our core values prioritize safety above all else, and we always operate with consideration for the environment and the communities in which we work. Our commitment to integrity and building relationships based on honesty, respect, and trust is paramount.
We recognize that our strength lies in diversity, and we are committed to fostering a workplace that values inclusion, fairness, and respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, including women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Join us at Sandvik, where we are dedicated to delivering excellence and innovation in the mining and construction industries.
We are thrilled to present an outstanding career opportunity for an Field Service Technician – Electrical to become an integral part of our service department at our Heatherbrae facility. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in supporting our esteemed customers' on-site operations by delivering precise diagnostics, expert maintenance, and effective repairs to our cutting-edge mobile equipment, essential for the thriving mining and construction sectors.
To be successful, you will be able to demonstrate a technical understanding of Sandvik equipment. Your proactive approach to ensuring machine performance will assist our customers in improving their productivity and the success of their operations, ensuring that we further expand our customer base in the area and the growth of the support team. To empower you in this role, we are committed to providing product training and dedicated support from our highly skilled product support personnel.
Areas of responsibility
- Holding an Australian-recognised Electrical Trade Certification is essential.
- Lead, develop, and mentor a team while improving processes to enhance workshop productivity and performance.
- Be ready to forward-plan and address customers' issues, conducting pre-shift meetings for efficient planning.
- Effectively plan, organize, and distribute work within the workshop, ensuring a smooth workflow.
- Liaise with third parties and customers to maintain excellent working relationships, resolve issues, and facilitate job completion and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a safe work environment and promote a strong safety culture within the team.
- Strive for continuous improvement in workshop organization and efficiency without compromising quality or meeting deadlines.
- Provide technical guidance and training to the workgroup as necessary to ensure skill development.
- 12% Superannuation contribution
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees' who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Agencies need not apply. You must have the rights to work in Australia & The ability to pass a preemployment medical.
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
0448 044 698