Sales and product service
Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic
Location: British Columbia
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Are you a licensed Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic who is looking for a stable, permanent opportunity with a respected and growing company? We want to hear from you!
Some of the benefits of joining our Field Service team include:
- Paid Travel Time
- Ample opportunity for overtime that is paid as per provincial standards
- Tool reimbursement program
- A comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits
- Paid training and development opportunities
- Support from an experienced network of technicians across the globe
At Sandvik, the Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic is responsible for the troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of mechanical aspects of Battery Electric mining equipment and components according to defined specifications. The Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic is also responsible for new equipment commissioning and training at customer sites.
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Maintenance and servicing of equipment.
- Planning for correct tools and parts required to perform tasks, according to all work procedures.
- Commissioning of products that includes pre-delivery inspections and hot (operational and at customer site) commissioning.
- Conduct root cause analysis (RCA) to identify and solve common problems, as a first line support.
- Identify components, understand basic functionality, and conduct maintenance and repair work accordingly. This includes the provision of preventive and cost-efficient repairs.
- Support the customer’s product/equipment/processes by suggesting possible improvements. (According to sales area requirements.)
- Uses knowledge and experience to solve standard problems for customers.
- Understands system functionality and interactions of hydraulics/mechanics/electric/automation/pneumatics/materials.
- Complete maintenance reports for internal and external stakeholders e.g., report and document on maintenance and/or repairs completed. Obtain customer authorization to invoice.
- Occasionally collect technical feedback in the Sales Area (inputted into Database).
- Assign simple tasks to junior staff and guide them in their completion.
- Coach customer technicians on basic servicing and maintenance principles.
- Ensure that all routine work procedures (using the tools provided), are carried out according to safety standards.
Environmental Health and Safety
- Complies with Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and/or near misses. Perform risk assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task.
- Maintains hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation.
- Maintains orderly work area and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
- Attend Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings.
- Wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) assigned for each task.
What you will bring along
- Diploma in a Mechanical/Electrical Field and Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic License.
- At least 3 years related experience with mining equipment is considered an asset
- Previous experience with Sandvik equipment would be an asset.
- Excellent proficiency in reading schematics.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair mechanical issues with mining equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to local mine sites and across Western Canada as required.
- Ability and willingness to work varied shifts (as required)
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic requisition #R0058714. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are always available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.