Sales and product service
Field Service Technician
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 40,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions are a leading supplier of equipment and tools, service, support and technical solutions for the mining industry and niches such as quarrying, tunnelling, demolition, dimensional stone, recycling, and civil engineering industry. With customers demanding even greater productivity to ensure profitability, we provide the cutting-edge solutions needed to succeed.
Key performance areas
As the Field Service Technician, you will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain mechanical and/or electrical aspects of Surface drill rigs and road headers and Sandvik mining equipment and components at high profile customer sites. The Field Service Technician is also responsible for new equipment commissioning and training at customer sites with minimal supervision.
- Maintenance and Servicing Equipment.
- Plan for correct tools and parts required to perform tasks, according to all work procedures.
- Commissioning of products that includes pre-delivery inspections and hot (operational and at customer site) commissioning.
- Conduct root cause analysis (RCA) to identify and solve common problems, as a first line support.
- Identify components, understand basic functionality, and conduct maintenance and repair work accordingly. This includes the provision of preventive and cost-efficient repairs.
- Support the customer’s product/equipment/processes by suggesting possible improvements. (According to sales area requirements.)
- Uses knowledge and experience to solve standard problems for customers.
- Understands system functionality and interactions of hydraulics, mechanics, electrics, automation, pneumatics, materials.
- Complete maintenance reports for internal and external stakeholders e.g., report and document on maintenance and/or repairs completed. Obtain customer authorization to invoice.
- Provide feedback on drilling tools performance
- Occasionally collect technical feedback in Sales Area (inputted into Database).
- Ensure that all routine work procedures (using the tools provided), are carried out according to safety standards.
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance
- Complete accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists
- Stay current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices as Customer Service
- Stay current and in compliance with all Sandvik Group and local policies and procedures, Customer, State regulatory safety policies.
The Field Service Technician will also possess:
- Excellent troubleshooting ability with strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical systems
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret equipment schematics
- Ability to facilitate technical training and impart detailed information
- Clean Driving License and readiness to travel up to 85% of the time
You possess a technical certification or diploma in mechanical or electrical fields and a minimum of 5 years related experience with industry-specific equipment. Experience with surface mining equipment is highly preferred, and diesel and electrical experience would be an advantage. You are a team player with excellent communication and active listening skills and the ability to maintain strong customer relations with internal and external customers.
You are proactive, flexible, and self-motivated, with a drive to achieve customer satisfaction with result-oriented attitude.
How to apply
For application use Apply button and then upload your CV resumes in English directly online using function Autofill with Resume.
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact hiring HR, email@example.com.
Please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.