Sales and product service
Service Technician – U/G Coal Loaders
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. In 2020, the Sandvik Group had approximately 37,000 employees in more than 160 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
An exciting opportunity is available for a Service Technician to join our service department based out of our Mackay branch. The role is responsible to ensure efficient maintenance of our client's fleet of Sandvik Mining equipment including U/G Coal Loaders, Rotary Drills and other Sandvik products.
Areas of responsibility
As a Service Technician, you will be
- Carrying out general mechanical duties, maintenance, repairs and fault diagnosis work on all Sandvik Mining equipment.
- Performing mechanical maintenance duties as per maintenance plans while upholding the integrity of the equipment and ensuring safe operation is not compromised.
- Providing feedback for efficient maintenance planning improvements.
- Record keeping of parts usage, equipment monitoring, time records.
- Adhering to all policies & procedures, especially EHS policies
You have a qualification in a mechanical trade plus a minimum 3 years' post-trade experience. Experience with U/G Coal Loaders is essential and previous experience with Sandvik equipment and DES certification will be looked upon favorably. You have a strong commitment to EHS as you keep safety at the forefront of everything you do.
Agencies need not apply.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 10.5% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
0438 641 791