Sandvik Mining in Alachua, FL is looking for a Product Quality Engineer
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
As the Product Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing procedures and systems to assure that quality standards and targets are being attained. Ensure products produced are to build and operational specification prior to shipment.
Additionally, the Product Quality Engineer:
- Ensure quality aspect is included into all operations and documented when needed.
- Organize, develop and perform QA Audits for all operations.
- Use audit data to improve process by performing root cause analysis and identifying solutions.
- Review customer and frontline feedback and perform root cause analysis and identify solutions.
- Implement corrective actions based on findings.
- Ensure all quality related documentation exist and maintained in production operations.
- Coordinate, manage and document all calibrations of tooling and measuring equipment.
- Communicate with Production teams to resolve quality issues, including coaching/training as required.
- Help organization with daily quality issues.
- Design and conduct training for Production associates to target chronic quality issues.
The Product Quality Engineer:
- Bachelors degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent job related experience with 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing Quality Improvement systems from conception to finished product (cradle to grave)
- General knowledge of quality systems.
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal
- High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with measuring tooling of many different types including precision vernier, dial, digital, laser, etc.
- Demonstrated capabilities to work collaboratively and cross-functionally while successfully developing and maintaining key professional and customer relationships.
- Green Belt Six Sigma or LEAN certification a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, etc.
- ERP, Salesforce, Power BI knowledge and usage a plus.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/career to the Product Quality Engineer position, Job# R0052618.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRsupport.US@sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.