Project Manager (Hybrid)
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
WE WANT YOU TO HELP US CREATE THE DIGITAL FUTURE OF OUR COMPANY
We embarked a seven year global Business Transformation program enabled by SAP S/4HANA in January 2021. This is a greenfield implementation for Sandvik, a large Swedish multinational group. Ireland was chosen as the central hub location for this business digitalisation initiative which we call the “Seamless Flow Program”. A second phase of the Program is now starting, with ambition to extend the template to our Sales Units
We are looking for exceptional people to join our diverse and multi-cultural team. This is a fantastic opportunity to create the digital future for our organisation using the very latest SAP technologies, creating sustainable business benefits and supporting the execution of Divisional strategies.
As we are creating a new internal SAP competency, this presents a great opportunity for learning and career development in this full-time position.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering Group with a strong commitment to enhancing customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 44,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are now recruiting for a Project Manager (P4) (Hybrid) - for a permanent role in our Dublin Office.
The Project Manager has a pivotal role in supporting the SMR Seamless Flow Program, which aims to deliver digital transformation enabled by SAP S/4HANA to SMCL and SMR’s, SRP’s Front Lines. This role will support the Program Managers across a number of project areas as well as supporting PMO activity
The role is hugely critical to the successful delivery of the SMR Seamless Flow Program. It will ensure that the many components of the Program proceed according to plan, ensuring the highest standards are in place and maintained over its duration.
- Manage components of SMR Seamless Flow program through all project phases (planning, execution, closing)
- Work closely with the Program Manager, System Integrator (SI), and the IT Project Manager to ensure the availability of resources in line with the plan.
- Apply Project Management methodologies to drive a successful Program, collaborating closely with the Program Managers
- Enforce the SMR Seamless Flow governance model – e.g. routing of decisions to Design Authority
- Collaborate with senior internal and external stakeholders to support the overall program plan and the detailed workstream plans
- Support the Program Manager with any activities relating to Program control, monitoring, and reporting
- Support the on-time and on-budget delivery of the program, ensuring relevant internal and external IT team members are held accountable for deliverables
- Be proactive in anticipating potential challenges and addressing them
- Collaborate with the Change Management team to ensure alignment and effective delivery of training, communications and other change management activities
- Create an environment that supports continuous connectivity, collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Other adhoc duties as requested by management
- 10 years of experience managing complex business facing projects in large scale and / or multinational environments
- Experience of SAP project delivery preferred
- Knowledge of Sandvik organization is beneficial
EDUCATION, LICENCES & CERTIFICATES
- Educated to Degree level
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or similar certification
Ability to travel globally as required
What we offer:
22 days annual leave
4 Company Days
Defined Contribution Pension
VHI Health Insurance
Life & Disability Insurance
Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
Flexible start & Finish times
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: Dockline, Mayor Street, IFSC, Dublin 1
Reporting to: Program Manager
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunnelling and quarrying. In 2021, sales were approximately 41 billion SEK with about 15,500 employees within continuing operations.
A glimpse of our culture
At Sandvik, we’re tech driven, innovative and entrepreneurial! For us, success is a team effort - we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where people can be themselves and reach their full potential. So, we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our differences. We also give you the freedom to find that perfect mix between work, family life and interests. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us further.
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly at https://www.home.sandvik/career
Prior to this recruitment, we have already decided which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to utilise, and we respectfully decline any contact from marketing or recruitment agencies regarding additional channels or campaigns.
The closing date for applications is 30th November 2023
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU