Training & Technical Competence Manager
Training & Technical Competence Manager, SMR USA
The Technical Development Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of regional technical competence programs with a strong focus on practical application in the workplace to build service capability by managing the end-to-end learning and development process. The overall objective is to increase the competency levels of the technical team, and this will be accomplished through the identification, development, implementation, and evaluation of technical competency development programs supporting the long-term needs of Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) technicians.
- Identify training needs and trends within the service organization and workshops.
- In conjunction with the service managers, map competence levels and create a development matrix for the current skill levels of all field service technicians, technical specialists, and workshop technicians.
- Develop and design training solutions which include a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, one-on-one sessions, action learning and e-learning.
- Identifies new technology and product training requirements, developing forward looking plans for adequate team preparedness.
- Deliver blended training solutions to delegates to train staff.
- Ensure availability of training programs to develop service capability.
- Develop customer training modules or packages that Sandvik can offer.
- Work with global team to create certification programs.
- Coordinate the technical specialist and product master development & certification programs.
- Drive the certification process of the workforce to align with global competence standards.
- Provide technical support to end users, operators, and service personnel in cases of complex technical issues as needed.
- Evaluates training program effectiveness and implements improvements.
- Continuously evaluate new training technology to increase training efficiency.
- Manage training simulators to ensure optimal use and the necessary upkeep with the latest upgrades.
Safety and Environment
- Adherence to the Sandvik Environmental, Health & Safety Policy.
- Attending health and safety related trainings.
- Performing Risk Assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task.
- Identification and reporting of hazards.
- Working in a safe manner as reasonably practicable.
- Wearing the required PPE's assigned for each location.
Education & Experience requirements
- Technical qualification in a mechanical discipline considered an advantage.
- Formal education in training and assessment considered an advantage.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage a team of various skill levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct presentations, train, and transfer knowledge to others.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Facilitation skills.
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative.
- Superior customer relations and active listening skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to travel when required, domestic & international.
Reports to: Business Line Manager Parts & Services
Internal contacts: Field Service Managers
Parts and Services Management
Administrative Support Teams
Technicians and Support Staff
External contacts: Customer Base Stakeholders
OEM Training Departments
Besides possessing an Associate’s degree, the Service Administrator must have 3-5 years’ experience in office or inventory management, preferably in an industrial environment. You must have an aptitude for learning new data input systems, and experience with accounting related activities is preferred. A higher ability and understanding of Microsoft Office would be required.
You must be highly organized, self-motivated, and proactive in order to address all customer and internal requirements in a quick and professional manner. A professional demeanor and the ability to work quickly and effectively within time constraints are mandatory. The ability to work overtime as the requirements of the business dictate is required.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Service Administrator position, Job Req. ID# R0061266.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.