Sandvik Rock Processing is looking for a
Sandvik Rock Processing, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has an opening for a Technical Specialist.
Location: Remote, but the preferred location is Phoenix, AZ.
Key performance areas
The Technical Specialist is responsible for providing quality technical support and for developing the technical competencies of the customer and internal personnel.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Provides technical training to the service network on proper operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting practices
- Provides technical support to end users, operators, and service personnel in cases of complex technical issues
- Deliver relevant feedback to factories to enable improvements to the equipment or its operation
- Assists in compiling accurate data to process warranty claims and engineering machine improvements
- Reviews spare parts recommendations and develop accuracy of Machine Life Operating Costs (MLOC)
- Investigates warranty claims proactively and reactively to enhance customer satisfaction and provide feedback to the respective factories
- Assists factories with field-testing and trials of new products and updated components to ensure proper and safe operation
- Performs equipment demonstrations in a safe manner
- Support in the training of distributors
- Provide on-site technical assistance to resolve issues
- Assists customers with parts interpretations and recommended stock holdings
- Develop customer relationships to ensure customers have a positive experience and remain loyal to the Sandvik brand
Safety and Environment
- Complies with safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work habits
- Strives to find safer ways for customers to work with Sandvik’s products
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures
- Takes responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills
- Proactively ensures community involvement within the area of responsibility
You possess a 2-year Technical Degree in a mechanical discipline. Candidate should have a minimum of 7 years of Technical experience. Must possess training in key aspects of technical trades.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to train and transfer knowledge skills
- Flexible, self-motivated, and driven to achieve customer satisfaction goals and targets
- Strong investigation and diagnostic skills
- Computer literacy
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Knowledge of customers' industry
- Superior customer relations and active listening skills
- The role may require working underground
- Ability to travel is essential
- Foreign language (Spanish/French) an asset
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive package of health, dental, and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Product Specialist position, Job Req. ID# R0057770.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
#LI - Remote