Warranty & Reliability Specialist
Sandvik Mining in Alachua, FL is looking for a Warranty Administrator and Reliability
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading, and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
As Warranty Administrator and Reliability, you will be responsible to administer warranty policies and procedures efficiently and correctly for all regions throughout the world. To track and report on the major causes of warranty costs with the goal of improving reliability and lowering the cost of the product.
Additionally, the Warranty Administrator and Reliability:
- Receive, prioritize, and process the warranty claims in a timely fashion.
- Analyze the warranty claims, identify the failure trends, and facilitate the process to identify the root cause.
- Facilitate the Root Cause Analysis activities.
- Coordination of the evaluation of returned failed parts.
- Follow up with suppliers on the evaluation of returned parts and when needed work with engineering to resolve the issue.
- Active pursuit of recovery of warranty costs from suppliers.
- Notification of warranty policy implementation and changes to the regions.
- Weekly, Monthly, and Annual reporting on warranty costs, trends, and causes.
- Update all new units sold in Sales Force when commissioned.
- Create an electronic file of the drill file which includes the following:
- Engine, compressor, and undercarriage warranty registration forms
- High-pressure tank certification
- All other misc., paperwork
- Warranty Terms of the drill
- Enter and manage all in house parts orders for the Product Support team and short shipments.
- Ensure that quality checklists are distributed for start-ups to the regions for each new rig and returned copies are received, recorded and presented to management.
- Demonstrate, respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2018) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement.
The Warranty Administrator and Reliability:
- Technical service or experience in assembly.
- Familiar with the root cause analysis
- Experience in equipment repair for the mining and/or construction industry.
- Good understanding of the service business processes.
- High level of computer literacy with an understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and service system/s.
- Part BoM structure knowledge and Team Center experience.
Knowledge of warranty policy and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong administrative skills in organizing, tracking, and reporting.
- Ability to work in the global team environment
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems and programs needed to perform the job.
- Sales Force System
- Microsoft programs
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Strong data processing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Previous customer service and/or warranty experience.
- Knowledge of drill functions is a plus.
- Functional understanding of hydraulic and electrical components is also a plus.
- Customer Focus.
- Proficient with MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, etc.
- ERP, sales force, Power BI knowledge and usage a plus.
AS + 3-5 years technical experience -or- Bachelor’s Degree
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/career to the Warranty Administrator and Reliability position.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRsupport.US@sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.