Production Planner – Cutting Tools in Troy, MI
Seco Tools is seeking an experienced, forward thinking Production Planner to support our custom tooling facility in Troy, Michigan. The role requires working within a team environment from Seco’s headquarters and reports to the Production Manager.
Profile and Position Summary
At Seco Tools, we take pride in our custom tooling facility and our ability to manufacture and ship quality products on time to our customers. This role is responsible for planning and scheduling the work flow of custom tools in our manufacturing facility while working with our engineering and manufacturing departments, as well as our vendors, to determine schedules and lead times. The Production Planner will have both a long- and short-term outlook on manufacturing, vendor, and subsidiary load to ensure work is being allocated effectively to deliver orders on time.
We place great value on your personal qualities in this recruitment. You take pride in your analytical and problem-solving skills while having strong experience in medium to low volume manufacturing. You have a bachelor’s degree in Operations Management or related line of study and / or (5) years of material/production planning or other directly related work experience. You understand the importance of being process orientated, ensuring we plan, schedule, and manufacture in the most efficient way without sacrificing quality for the success of Seco Tools and our customers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and prepares manufacturing production schedules and departmental workflows to establish sequence and lead times of each production operation.
- Working within a team environment from Seco’s headquarters, reporting to the Purchasing and Planning Manager
- Create and link manufacturing orders to sales orders while preparing manufacturing packets with proofs or samples as needed.
- Maintain stock levels which consist of creation of internal orders to meet demand for minimum stock level items, creating manufacturing orders as needed.
- Provide reporting, such as lead time, late report, projection reporting, etc.
- Review day-to-day problems in productions, such as scrap and rework, to determine how alternate planning might be used to resolve problems of special machining operations while being a liaison with effected team members concerning production problems, opportunities for improvements, and corrective action plans.
- Work closely with our purchasing organization to manage and schedule products that our outsourced and solicit competitive quotes from vendors when required.
- Set up part description in Seco business system while developing routings and Bill of Materials.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions; includes estimating.
- Analyzes plant capacity and production requisition data to determine manufacturing processes and required resources.
- Analyzes and monitors costs in relation to manufacturing to ensure delivery and budget fulfillment.
Benefits & Compensation
Seco Tools offers a highly competitive base salary and generous benefit package. Our benefits include life, medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation and holiday, and an extremely strong 401(k) retirement savings plan. We are passionate about taking care of our people and the community around us, which is why we provide financial incentives for staying healthy and paid volunteer days to get employees to volunteer within their community.
Seco Tools is a people company in the machining business. For over 80 years, we have been more than just a cutting tool provider. Our tools help build planes, trains, automobiles, and everything else around us. Your phone case? The molds are cut and created by our tools. The lenses in the glasses you wear? Cut by our tools. The Chicago Bean in Millennium Park was created by our tools. It's what we do, we're good at it and proud of it! We make a difference in people's lives, and we want you to be a difference maker too.
The corporate culture empowers employees through the shared values: Passion for our customers, Family Spirit, and Personal commitment. Seco Tools has presence in more than 50 countries and employs about 5000 people.
Seco Tools, a subsidy of Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies
Please note that Seco Tools does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Seco Tools will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Seco Tools explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Seco Tools.