Workshop Electrician Apprentice
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
Apprentice Workshop Electrician
Location: Lively, ON
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently, we have an opening for an Apprentice Workshop Electrician. The Apprentice Workshop Electrician is responsible for troubleshooting as well as the repair and maintenance of mechanical and electrical aspects of Sandvik equipment and components.
Are you working towards your Electrician certification? If so, we want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Electrical maintenance operations.
- Preventive maintenance, perform corrective actions, supports planning and preparation, monitors outcome, documentation (outcome, root cause, time, improvements).
- Work in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Achievement of maintenance targets.
- Follow quality and cleanliness standards.
- Communication of operational status and any deviations.
- Safety and housekeeping (5S) requirements.
- Continuous improvements and development on a personal and operational level.
Environmental Health and Safety
- We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We put health and safety first!
What you will bring along
- In possession of, or working towards a technical diploma (HD Mechanic or Electrical)
- Related experience with industry-specific equipment is an asset
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and ability to work shift work as required
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes in relation to product rebuild
- Developed time management and organizational skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Outlook)
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision-making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people, and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Apprentice Workshop Electrician position, through requisition R0061304. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are always available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.