CNC Operator, Lathe
Sandvik Machining Solutions in Mebane, NC is looking for an
CNC Operator, Lathe – 2nd/3rd Shift
If you are a production-oriented CNC Lathe Operator who can produce high volumes of parts with exceptional quality, Sandvik Machining Solutions wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Machining Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global market-leading manufacturer of tools and tooling systems for advanced industrial metal cutting.
Key performance areas
As a CNC Lathe Operator, you will set up and operate CNC lathe equipment. You will also perform in-process inspection of machined parts, and ensure the machines are properly calibrated and that part dimensions meet blueprint specifications. This is a 2nd or 3rd shift position.
- Follow strict safety procedures, including preventative maintenance, keeping the machines lubricated, and maintaining a neat and orderly work station.
- Operate multiple production machines as well as using manufacturing reporting systems.
- Create CNC programs as required, document and report adjustments and corrections.
- Aid in the selection of tooling, jaw requirements, and fixtures.
- Set up multiple jobs in a shift.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent with at least 2 years of work experience on CNC Lathe machine.
- Associate degree or diploma from a technical college or trade school preferred.
- Experience with machining and cutting operations required.
- Ability to accurately read and understand blueprints and common measuring gages
- Ability to edit program for CNC lathe set-up and operation and identify and set tools.
- Fluent in G & M codes.
- Good eye-hand coordination and agility.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Knowledge of 5S and lean manufacturing preferred.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, parental leave, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik./career to position #R0060568
Sandvik Machining Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.