Elko Workshop Manager
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Elko, NV is hiring for a
Workshop Manager, Elko
The Workshops Manager is responsible for the general management, planning and resourcing of all rebuild and repair activities within the Elko workshop, in support of the local Sandvik USA region. Also, responsible to improve customer perception and develop efficient workshop operations, ensuring added value to the customer base.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Business Growth and Development
- Manages and develops facility rebuild operations, offerings, and capabilities consistent with business strategies and in line identified customer needs.
- Manages workshop resources to meet utilization production targets and capacity requirements.
- Develops workshop business plans for additional projects or expansion of current operations.
- Develops and enhances the overall relationship with customer base, internal and external, to support constructive and profitable business partnerships.
- Investigates competitor activities and conducts relevant market research that enables market competitiveness.
- Ensure the workshop operations run with the best market efficient and lean processes.
- Create an environment with the tasks and actions driven by the best concepts of processes and project management.
- Provides input into and achieves agreed business targets to include elements such as inventory management, workshop utilization, capacity management and workshop standards.
- Ensures implementation of appropriate financial controls.
- Optimizing rebuild capacity and offering to customer base.
- Ensures customer satisfaction within the area of primary responsibility.
People Management and Development
- Hires, coach, motivates, trains, evaluates and directs team members to accomplish defined goals and objectives.
- Ensures proper on-boarding of new personnel in accordance with Company procedures.
- Manages, motivates and influences ad hoc teams as driven by business needs.
- Manages resources to deliver rebuild and repair projects for internal and external customers, on time and within budget.
Safety and Environment
- Complies with Sandvik EHS policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work habits.
- Strives to find safer ways for customers to work with Sandvik’s products.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in mining association meetings as designated.
- Stays current on industry developments, competitive repair and rebuild offerings.
- Takes responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years Workshop Management experience.
- Ten years’ management experience at a senior level and managing teams.
- LEAN and Green Belt training completed.
- Strong knowledge of the industry.
- Strong knowledge of workshop processes.
- Strong customer service focus.
- High level of professionalism, honesty, and integrity.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- High level of drive and determination to achieve targets and goals set for customer satisfaction.
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time and eager to learn.
- Commercially astute with demonstrated business acumen.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate others to achieve outcomes.
- Ability to build relationships within the industry and in the community.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to the Elko Workshop Manager position, JO #R0058350