Sandvik Coromant in Westminster, SC is looking for a
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year-old global industrial group SANDVIK.
At Sandvik we are dedicated, diligent and we believe in our company and its values. Our belief is that knowledge grown when it is shared and when we work together with our customers, both parties have more chances to achieve success.
Find out more about our company and careers!
Die Maker is to setup and operate equipment for the production and/or repair of press tools according to established work practices.
- Setup and operate CNC and manual equipment to produce new press tools and repair of existing press tools per Blueprint specifications. CNC equipment can include- Wire & Sinker EDMs, multi-axis machining centers, grinders, CMMs, PC inspection equipment. Manual equipment can include- lathes, grinders, brazing, coining press, and inspection equipment. The focus of the position will be primarily machine oriented.
- Perform all support, i.e., press tool polishing and honing, and inspection functions during tooling production/repair. Assure tooling quality meets Sandvik specifications.
- Support production, quality, and delivery assurance goals.
- Record work performed according to establish accounting procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in the shop.
- Adhere to all company rules and safety policies.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to read Blueprints.
- Excellent Troubleshooting / Problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Independent, outgoing, and self-motivated
- Team player
- Preferred manufacturing experience in similar field with CNC knowledge (minimum 5 years).
Shift: 1st Shift position 7:00 AM to 3:15 PM (Monday through Friday).
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit Sandvik Group to apply for the Die Maker position, Job Requisition ID# R0057684.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.