CNC Lathe Operator - Shift Lead
CNC Lathe Operator - Shift Lead – Second Shift in Troy, MI
Are you interested in a career working as a CNC Lathe Operator - Shift Lead in a manufacturing environment? Are you driven by a desire to meet challenges and help customers? If so, Seco Tools wants to speak with you!
Who We Are And What We Do
We are a people company in the machining business. For over 80 years, we have been more than just a cutting tool provider. Our tools help build planes, trains, automobiles, and everything else around us. Your phone case? The molds are cut and built by our tools. The lenses in the glasses you wear? Cut by Seco's products. The Chicago Bean in Millennium Park was crafted with our tools. It's our business, we're good at it, and proud of it! We make a difference in people's lives, and we want you to be a difference maker too.
Key performance areas
The CNC Lathe Operator - Shift lead is a key part of the smooth running of the Troy Production Unit, particularly in the second shift. A primary responsibility will be the supervision of the production staff, problem resolution (technical and non-technical), adherence to standards and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives. In this role, you will set up and operate conventional, special purpose, and computer numerical control (CNC) turning machines to manufacture in a high mix low volume manufacturing environment. This role is for our second shift from 3:00 PM to 12:00 AM.
- Review specifications such as blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals and/or sample part to determine dimension and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and set-up requirements.
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve and/or edit computerized machine control media.
- Conduct trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Monitor machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as the need arises (Fanuc controls).
- Verify conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- Maintain ISO documentation in compliance with requirements for certification.
- Stay in sync with all company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively
- Communicates honestly, professionally and respectfully with others and demonstrates effective listening skills
- Promotes a team environment within the department and shift. Communicates directly with the Production Manager on all employee issues.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Performs activities of workers supervised, this a “hands on position”
You must be a high school graduate or equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years of related experience with CNC systems (preferably Fanuc). Additionally, you can read, analyze and interpret design specifications accurately. You can easily apply advanced mathematical concepts such as shop math and trigonometry while demonstrating the ability to work accurately with fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions in practical situations, using a scientific calculator when needed. You take pride in your ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Lastly, you are comfortable Interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram forms and take care of abstract and concrete variables.
Compensation & Benefits:
- All things insurance, disability, etc.
- 401k savings plan with auto/matching contribution up to 8%
- 11 Paid holidays in addition to your regular PTO.
- Paid volunteer time – what’s important to you is important to us.
- Tuition reimbursement – almost 4 times what most companies reimburse!
- Employee referral program – $2,000 per referral. If we recruit the best, they’ll bring in the best!
- IncentFit – get financially rewarded for being healthy and active.
- On-site Fitness Center – just opened in the fall of 2019.
Seco Tools, a subsidy of Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.