Technical Sales Engineer
- Deadline: 6 Dec
- Country: Australia
- Location: Heatherbrae NSW, New South Wales
- Job-ID: R0014583
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
The Technical Sales Engineer is responsible for the product line’s representation in the Regions. The role provides the link between the Product Line, the regional customer, sales team and their customers. This role will work with customers to provide specific knowledge aimed at increasing productivity and works across all Crushing and Screening product lines and liaises with industry experts to find solutions.
The Technical Sales Engineer is responsible for identifying aftermarket sales opportunities within a defined customer region and where current and new business opportunities exist, the position should take responsibility for the sales development.
Areas of responsibility
- Provides sales support (may include providing leads, assisting on sales calls, making presentations, providing training, providing competitive intelligence, etc.) to the Sales Managers, Lifecycle Manager and Sales Representatives.
- Creates business development plans and targets for the product range in collaboration with the Sales Managers and Lifecycle Manager. This will include the introduction of new products into the market.
- Liaises between customer and Sandvik on aftermarket issues to ensure all issues are settled in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates passion to win by pursuing everything with energy drive and a need to finish the sale. Shows resilience especially in the face of resistance and setbacks.
- Monitor and execute Certified Service Inspections in the region where Sandvik lifecycle service agreements exist.
- Initiates and develops relationships with influential decision-makers and is capable of cultivating multiple points of contact within both internal company and external customer environments.
- Able to resolve conflicts/ disputes and defuse even high-tension situations comfortably with others in a responsible and constructive manner.
- Demonstrated experience in Crushing and Screening equipment and aftermarket sales and service with the ability to identify competitive strengths of product and service to improve sales growth, customer support and value selling.
You will need a mechanical qualification and high exposure to Crushing and Screening and excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will have previous experience in a leadership role and a project management qualification will be advantageous. You will have the ability to provide technical solutions within the Crushing and Screening industry, extremely high customer service, sales experience and work within the Sandvik Core Values.
What we offer
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including superannuation above the superannuation guarantee, employee benefits and wellness programs as well as ongoing development and training
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is a leading supplier in equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunneling, quarrying and breaking and demolition.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website home.sandvik/careers
Applications close: 7th December 2019 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2017, the Group had approximately 43,000 employees and sales of 91 billion SEK in more than 150 countries within continuing operations.