- Deadline: 4 Apr
- Country: Australia
- Location: Brisbane QLD, Queensland
- Job-ID: R0009176
- Job category: Finance
Sandvik seeks an experienced Taxation Specialist for a 12 month contract to join an existing team of experienced tax professionals. The focus of this role is to assist with Australian and New Zealand tax compliance, tax advisory and ad hoc tax related projects to ensure timely and accurate compliance with regulatory Authorities and the provision of information and advice to internal and external stakeholders. This role will be based at our new Milton Office.
Core focus areas of this Taxation Specialist role include:
- To assist with the completion of all corporate income tax related compliance obligations, including the Tax Effect Accounting requirements for various legal entities.
- To assist with ongoing transaction and project related work from a tax and compliance perspective.
- To assist with the completion of GST compliance obligations.
- Undertake technical research and respond to day to day questions from the business in relation to income tax, GST and transfer pricing.
- Undertake ad hoc tax technical research in relation to the general tax position of the group and identify tax law changes relevant to the group.
- To assist with contract reviews from a tax perspective.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures, particularly in relation to EHS.
- Advanced tax specialist, particularly in relation to the areas of corporate income tax and GST.
- Ability to interpret the law and translate and communicate your knowledge effectively.
- Strategic and analytical thinker.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and to strict deadlines.
- Completed a Bachelor of Commerce/Business (and a Bachelor of Laws – optional) or equivalent in another jurisdiction.
- Minimum of 4 years’ previous experience in a Tax Consultant or Tax Specialist role. Big 4 experience is desired. Must be currently working in Tax.
- Completed your ASCPA or CA or equivalent.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of Outlook is desirable.
Agencies need not apply.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website www.sandvik.com/career.
"Applicants will be matched against the above criteria and profile requirements. Please only apply if you meet this criterion".
Applications close: 4 April 2019 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Sandvik is an employer of choice and are truly focused on safety. Employees are offered attractive remuneration packages (employee assistance program, rewards for length of service and salary sacrificing opportunities). In addition, you will receive quality personal development and training.
Deadline: 4 Apr