Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a world-leading mining equipment manufacturer committed to offer highly optimized solutions designed to increase our customers’ productivity and profitability – while ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety, through high technology.
Parts & Services Logistics – Our Function and Culture
Logistics is an essential support arm for multiple divisions within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions and manages 30 Warehouses (6 Hubs + 24 Satellites) in 17 distinct countries and 5 continents. Key to our central activity and role is providing proactive, worldwide, logistical expertise and timely delivery of essential after sales parts to our customers across the globe.
Based on the variety of functions performed in Parts & Services Logistics, there are numerous opportunities for career advancement in areas including; Warehousing, Order Management, Inventory Management, Freight, Supplier Management, Logistics Transformation and Supply Chain Information Systems. These key functions support the activities which collectively are providing and delivering the right product to the right customer at the right time.
We are now recruiting for a Logistics Specialist in our Singapore Hub.
Key Performance Areas
The Logistics Specialist will manage and continuously improve Warehouse (3PL) operations of the Regional Hub/s. This role provides support in managing the day-to-day operations and activities involved with the supply of Spare Parts and Materials from the Regional Hub to the end user in compliance with Sandvik Warehousing and Logistic procedures and processes.
Provide and apply supply chain expertise and analysis on operations in regions network to identify improvements, develop proposals and project manage implementation of new technologies and procedures within the region. Act as a WMS/TMS custodian to ensure systems configuration is continuously improved and requests for service and system support are addressed appropriately.
- Comply with all aspects of the Sandvik EHS policy and any reasonable instruction, procedures or systems of work which are given in the interest of providing safe workplaces and eliminating environmental harm.
- Manage 3PL while developing, maintaining and ensure adherence to all procedures.
- Ensure system (S21, WMS, TMS ) and warehouse processes are maintained and managed to limit financial risks, including POD handling, goods returns, credit, receiving & dispatch processes
- Optimize/improve the operational efficiency and performance in the Regional Hub/ Satellite
- Ensure integration with upstream and downstream functions in Logistics Operations
- Ensure standardization to global processes & procedures as required
- Ensure all Logistics Operations sites are adhering to documented processes.
- Assist with development and refinement of a warehouse layout including proper location of goods
- Liaising with management, suppliers, and customers with respect to warehouse operations
- Maintaining and preparing regular monthly productivity, KPI and safety reports
- Prioritize day to day workload and allocate resources to achieve operational KPI’s
- Undertake project work within the warehouse
- Provide troubleshooting and performance management of the Warehouse Management System (WMS) and its communications with the Transport Management System (TMS)
- Manage the operational budgets for the Warehouses and functions
- Plan, manage and forecast operational expenses
- At least 3 years’ experience in warehousing / distribution / supply chain environment.
- Proficient in working with JDA WMS/TMS and Microsoft Power BI would be an advantage.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in a business or supply chain discipline or adequate experience.
- Able to communicate effectively in English.
- Proven track record in organization contribution in terms of logistics operations efficiency, customer and satisfaction, process maturity and project management.
Job Reference No: R0045744
Int Ref: JT
"Applicants will be matched against above key performance criteria and profile requirements.
Please only apply if you meet this criterion".
Deadline: Oct 13