Warehouse Clerk I
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions – Rotary Drills is looking for a Warehouse Clerk I - 2nd Shift to join their Rotary Drilling Division located in Alachua, Florida.
At Sandvik, we set the industry standard. That’s our vision, our guiding principle. And were looking for people who feel the same way! Are you a self-directed and results driven individual?
If so, Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions wants to speak with you!
Rotary Drilling, a division within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a leading and cutting-edge supplier of technologically advanced blasthole drills for the mining and construction industries. Based in Alachua, FL the division leverages the latest digital technology to develop solutions which improve our customers productivity while reducing total cost of ownership. We prioritize our people, safety, and reliability.
About the job
Performs duties associated with receipt, storage, retrieval, distribution, and physical inventory control.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Sorts, records, labels, stores, and distributes incoming parts according to system of numbers, locations, and written documents
- Understands shipping notice (shipper) or production request
- Retrieves and distributes needed parts in-house or to shipping area for customers
- Conveys parts to desired locations/positions by lifting, climbing, walking, and operating equipment such as forklifts and cranes
- Records part-related information on computer and on forms
- Examines incoming package contents for accuracy
- Prepares parts, packages or completed rigs for shipment in accordance with instructions
- Resolves warehouse problems and/or reports to Warehouse Supervisor for assistance.
- Maintains clean and safe working environment in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure all hazardous materials are handled properly and in accordance with required regulations
- Develops working knowledge of warehouse functions: receiving, shelving, part picking, physical cycle count, physical rig return, and Issue Log
- Other asks as assigned by Supervisor
- Comply with policies, guidelines, regulatory requirements and meet objectives per Sandvik Alachua Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Complies with Sandvik safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements
- Responsibility to identify and report unsafe work habits. Ensure all hazardous materials are handled properly and in accordance with regulations
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures
- Follow Warehouse Supervisor directions while displaying cooperative and positive behavior with co-workers
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks, work independently, and complete work on schedule
- Working knowledge of computer programs (LEAN, PPG, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Working knowledge of databases: BOM, Document Control, ECR, Engineering Drawings, Rig Returns
- Proficient at Receiving, Shelving, Picking, Physical Cycle Count, Physical Rig Return, and Issue Log
- Ability to grasp and be open minded to modern technology and changes; as well as, to prioritize multiple projects
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- You have previous Warehouse experience a plus
- Possess a High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be on your feet 6-8 hours/day
- You possess basic computer knowledge, are team driven, result oriented
- You must be legally permitted to work and reside in the United States
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental, vision and disability insurance, and a generous 401(k) retirement savings plan (we auto/match your contribution up to 8%). In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement. In addition to your regular PTO days, you receive paid sick days. We offer recreational and employee discounts, including a gym membership stipend.
At Sandvik, we’re technology driven, innovative, entrepreneurial, and inclusive! Success is a team effort, and we believe that diversity inspires, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together, and celebrating our differences.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Warehouse Clerk I - 2nd shift, Job Requisition # R0045308.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at hrsupport.sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law. Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a Veteran-friendly employer.
Deadline: Not set