The Warehouse Technician is responsible the shipment, receipt and distribution of materials in a timely and accurate manner.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assists with shipping and receiving, unloads trucks, checks in materials and stores in appropriate location.
- Files appropriate documentation
- Processes sales orders and invoices in accordance with company process.
- Updates and maintains warehouse location system.
- Assists in cycle counting and physical inventory.
- Prepares export documentation as required.
- Maintains shipping supplies inventory.
- Arranges shipping/transport.
- Accepts/rejects vendor inventory transactions
- Builds sound relationships with the workshop team and internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations.
- Participates in customer on-call service as requires.
- Expedites urgent orders to ensure customer receives when needed.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by Warehouse Supervisor.
Safety and Environment
- Complies with SMC safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses.
- Maintains orderly warehouse and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures.
- Completes trade school coursework in order to gain relevant certification.
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Six months related experience
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong active listening skills
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes in relation to product rebuild
- Developed time management and organizational skills
- Computer literacy
Direct report to: Service or Warehouse Manager
Liaises with: Customer Service Representatives PSSR
Deadline: Not set