Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has an opening for a Control Tower.
As the Control Tower you will be responsible for scheduling pick-ups with carriers, preparing shipping documents and following up on customer inquiries.
Main responsibilities Include:
- Prepare documentation such as bills of lading, SLI’s, etc.
- Obtain quotes for ad-hoc freight movements
- Schedule shipments with carriers
- Ensure all consignments are shipped in the most cost effective way and are in adherence with shipping guidelines
- Provide customer support by communicating via email and over the phone
- Ensures appropriate actions are taken to resolve shipping documentation issues
- Maintain integrity of freight management systems
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and coordinate ideas with departmental supervisor for possible implementation
- Filing & Scanning Paperwork
- May perform other duties and participate in other projects as required by the department.
Experience and Required Competencies
- Previous experience in a transportation environment including domestic, import and export shipments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Experience in Warehouse/Distribution/Supply Chain. Excellent administrative and computer skills.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Control Tower position
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set