Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is looking for a Picker on our 2nd shift at our Romeoville, IL. Warehouse operations.
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has 1 opening for a Picker on our 2nd shift in Romeoville, Illinois.
- As the Picker you will be responsible for safe, secure, and accurate filling of customer orders. Replenish or pick product with direction from pick sheets or handheld computer. Obtains merchandise from bins or shelves to fill the order. Main responsibilities Include:
- Efficiently pick customer orders or shipment ensuring the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Accurately count product inventory by location
- Transport orders to shipping locations utilizing non-powered material handling equipment
- Assist in physical inventories
- Maintain a clean, neat, orderly and safe work area
- May perform other duties and participate in other projects as required by the department.
Leads task teams
- Leads small task teams in the warehouse to achieve the daily outcomes required. This includes:
- Allocation of responsibilities to individual team members
- Provision of backup support to all team members as required
- Provision of on the job coaching and guidance as and when necessary
- Answering technical queries of team members as required
Experience and Required Competencies
- Ability to work specified shift
- Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules
- Ability to perform simple math calculations
- High School or equivalent experience. Post-secondary education/training in business or supply chain discipline would be of advantage.
- Desirable English Proficiency: Intermediate (CEFR B1/ Completed EF level 6)
Experience in Warehouse Distribution and or Supply Chain environment. A valid Forklift Operator License, good administrative and computer skills.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Picker position
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set