Sandvik Rock Tools in Scranton, PA is looking for a
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. The offerings cover rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling. Rock Tools is a supplier to the Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions Customer Segments of parts, tools and components (e.g. Tophammer Tools, DTH tools, Rotary Tools, Cutting & Bolting and Drill pipes).
Key Performance Areas:
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the inbound and outbound logistical operations, including inventory management, warehousing and transportation to ensure sufficient supply of goods and products. This role will coordinate a range of activities including shipping and receiving, space utilization, sourcing, purchasing and inventory management. They will coordinate an effective system that meets the organization's performance and inventory control goals through efficient execution of the warehouse functions.
Additionally, the applicant will:
- Order Management: Coordinate inbound and outbound shipments, both domestics and export. Build shipment related documentation and liaise with carriers. Monitor shipments, associated costs, transportation timelines, and efficiency. Resolve shipment discrepancies.
- Inventory management: Ensure accurate day-to-day execution of functional areas including inbound, outbound, reverse logistics and cycle count operations. Analyze and optimize inventory management procedures and support policies. Ensure current and accurate inventory control for all items. Assist in conducting physical inventories and cycle counts as required.
- Warehousing: Assist with the daily supervision and direction associates to ensure a safe, clean and efficient operations as well as process development. Review warehouse operations daily to ensure the warehouse is neat and well organized and that damage to product, equipment and the facility is prevented.
- Customer Service: Follow customer requirements and/or other instructions to ensure accuracy of the load count, stability of product, and that all products are loaded and unloaded safely. Act as point of contact for both internal and external customers when required and support staff accordingly.
- Shipping: Prepare documents, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials. Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and record keeping purposes. Contact carrier representative to arrange, shipping and delivery of materials.
- Other duties as needed.
- Ability to work unsupervised and maintain multiple processes.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate safety in day to day operations.
- Lead a staff including full time and temporary labor in a large warehouse.
- Detail Oriented.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration an asset.
Sandvik offers an outstanding catalog of benefits and employee perks such as:
- Benefits eligibility that begin 30 days after start date
- Health care eligibility that includes, medical, dental, vision, prescription and telemedicine
- Paid vacation with up to 40 hours available to roll over in to the next year
- A very strong 401(k). We contribute 5% annual salary to the Retirement Savings plan. We also match 50% of the first 6%.
- Tuition reimbursement
In addition to these outstanding benefits, Sandvik provides a company laptop and cell phone.
Sandvik provides opportunities for competence development and training, as well as, opportunities for career advancement. We believe diversity is meaningful for success and growth.
How to Apply
For consideration, please apply https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Logistics Coordinator position, Job Req. ID# R0034327.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set