Sandvik Rock Tools in Scranton, PA is looking for a
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. The offerings cover rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling. Rock Tools is a supplier to the Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions Customer Segments of parts, tools and components (e.g. Tophammer Tools, DTH tools, Rotary Tools, Cutting & Bolting and Drill pipes).
Key Performance Areas:
The Warehouse Manager will maintain the safe operation and continuous improvement of the Facility.
As one of our key resources driving success, the manager will lead all aspects of the efficient receipt, storage, inventory management and dispatch of Sandvik Rock Tools as part of our Global Logistics Organization servicing North America.
Ultimately, the ideal candidate will ensure efficiency targets are achieved, safety policies are led and that the warehouse processes are maintained to the highest standards.
Additionally, the applicant will:
- Strategically run warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Coordinate receiving, warehousing, distribution and inventory control functions.
- Review and manage efficient space utilization while maintain the highest safety standards.
- Initiate, coordinate and carry out efficient operational policies and procedures that are based on safety and efficiency.
- Maintain standards of health, safety, and security for the facility, its contents and most meaningfully the staff.
- Supervise and Report monthly performance as per standard critical metric requirements.
- Work with external customers like business partners, suppliers and transport companies as the need arises
- Plan daily work, assign tasks appropriately and appraise performance of warehouse staff.
- Project management for the site, including Systems Integrations.
- Train warehouse personnel on accurate processes and offer empowerment and support.
- Shown work experience as a Warehouse Manager
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and standard methodologies.
- Shown ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Proven understanding of warehousing critical metrics.
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases.
- Leadership management.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration an asset.
Sandvik offers an outstanding catalog of benefits and employee perks such as:
- Benefits eligibility that begin 30 days after start date
- Health care eligibility that includes, medical, dental, vision, prescription and telemedicine
- Paid vacation with up to 40 hours available to roll over in to the next year
- A very strong 401(k). We contribute 5% annual salary to the Retirement Savings plan. We also match 50% of the first 6%.
- Tuition reimbursement
In addition to these outstanding benefits, Sandvik provides a company laptop and cell phone.
Sandvik provides opportunities for competence development and training, as well as, opportunities for career advancement. We believe diversity is meaningful for success and growth.
How to Apply
For consideration, please apply https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Warehouse Manager position, Job Req. ID# R0034326.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set