Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Warehouse Worker - Pinkenba
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. In 2020, the Sandvik Group had approximately 37,000 employees in more than 160 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik is currently seeking a Warehouse Assistant to be based at our East Coast Hub. The Pinkenba warehouse is an operation providing a high volume of warehouse and distribution service to both internal and external customers. The Warehouse Assistant role provides warehouse and distribution service to both internal and external customers, providing support in the day to day operations and activities involved with the supply of spare parts and materials from the warehouse to the end user.
Key performance areas
The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for the warehouse or a large section of a warehouse and includes the following key performance areas:
- Adhere to all policies & procedures especially the EHS policies
- Liaising with management, suppliers and customers with respect to stores operations;
- Maintaining control registers including inventory control and being responsible for the preparation and reconciliation of regular reports or stock movement, dispatches, etc.;
- Weighing or shipping or receiving or delivery officer incorporating also dispatcher functions;
- Recording and supervisory functions;
- Receiving, receipting, pick, pack and dispatch of spare parts and materials;
- Preparation of shipping documentation;
- Assist with inventory control;
- General warehouse maintenance and housekeeping;
- Undertake discrepancy investigation and implement corrective actions;
- Conduct stock cycle counting and full stock takes;
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years warehouse/stores operational experience in a Heavy Mining or Equipment Manufacturing environment.
Additionally, candidates will possess the following:
- Forklift License;
- Order Picker License (desirable);
- General computer literacy skills, including Sandvik systems knowledge;
- Open and current Driver’s License;
- Excellent communication and customer relations skills.
Application close: 30 October 2021
Deadline: Oct 30