Continuous Improvement Coordinator
Sandvik Machining Solutions is looking for a:
Continuous Improvement / Lean Coordinator
GOOD WITH LOGISTICS PROCESSES?
WE VALUE THAT IN YOU!
Sandvik Machining Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global market-leading manufacturer of tools and tooling systems for advanced industrial metal cutting. Products are manufactured in cemented carbide and other hard materials such as diamond, cubic boron nitride and special ceramics. Americas Distribution Center of Sandvik Machining Solutions is based in Hebron, KY. About 90 employees take care for the daily processing of more than 12,000 order lines each day.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
As a Continuous Improvement Coordinator you are dedicated to:
Drive operational improvements through working on a portfolio of initiatives aimed at:
- Improved operational efficiency
- Improved financial performance
- Maximizing environmental, health, and safety work best practices
- Improved quality of the operations
- Ensuring operational compliance with defined processes
- Ensuring operations are performed according to common way of working principles outlined by the SMS Logistics Distribution System
- Training others in the defined processes
Problem solving and prioritizing issues identified within defined area(s) and working with formal and informal teams to develop solutions that work. These initiatives will cover areas identified in improving operational efficiency, financial performance, quality, EHS, and process through:
- Identifying and collating continuous improvements and issues
- Quantifying size, impact and value of existing issues to prioritize overall work and tasks
- Reviewing and defining the scope of work to be executed
- Identify improvement opportunities with an aim of minimizing waste and maximizing utilization of talent, technology and assets
- Designing process improvements
- Testing and quantifying improvements
- Implementing improvements and managing the change process and overall expectations
- Monitoring performance to ensure continued compliance
- Coordinate between departments and functions by ensuring appropriate information flow and understanding of overall process improvement direction
- Participate as an active member of the SMS Logistics Global Transformation Team
- Coordinates and supports Management and the Safety Committee efforts in implementing specific plant safety programs and procedures
Process Compliance & Alignment:
- Monitors effectiveness of all risk, safety, and environmental policies and procedures
- Ensure all sites and areas are adhering to documented processes and procedures
- Where necessary, aligning and correcting sites/areas to use common processes
- Directs and conducts routine process, risk, safety, and environmental compliance audits, reviews, and assessments
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in supply chain, change management, logistics and/or business administration or relevant working experience. Minimum of 2 years supply chain & project management experience.
- Proficient in use of Windows/Microsoft Office and other Microsoft applications and tools (PowerBI, Excel, Sharepoint, OneNote, Forms, Planner, etc.)
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Systematic, logical and inventive approach to problem solving, whilst maintaining agreed deadlines
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, engineers, operators and customers.
- Ability to apply lean tools and principles to support continuous improvements, including but not limited to Standardized work, Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma Methodology, Value Stream Mapping, Lean Leadership, Visual management, etc.
- Possesses team leadership, problem analysis and solving, technical writing and documentation skills
- Actively consults with management and stakeholders providing expertise in prioritizing and pacing project activities and milestones to achieve organizational objectives within the budgeted costs and allowed timeframe.
- Proficiency in importing, cleaning, transforming, validating and modeling data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes. Advanced proficiency in a data manipulation language such as SQL is a plus.
The role may involve domestic and international travel up to 10% and will report to the Site Manager
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested in joining our team, please visit www.sandvik.com/careers to apply to the Continuous Improvement Coordinator position
- Check us out at www.sandvik.com
- Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a robust benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
- Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Deadline: Not set