Warehouse and Logistics Manager
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Warehouse and Logistics Manager
We are looking for a Warehouse and Logistics Manager who can think strategically and execute tactically with a bias for action, if this sounds like you, then keep reading…
Rotary Drilling is a division within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions and is a leading supplier of technologically advanced blasthole drills for the surface mining market. Based in Alachua, Florida the division leverages the latest digital technology to develop solutions which improve our customers productivity while reducing total cost of ownership. We prioritize our people, safety, and reliability. We don’t just supply the technology that creates the most durable equipment on the market. We provide peace of mind.
Key Performance Areas
Oversee all aspects of inbound/outbound logistics and inventory control to support rig and spare parts sales. Maintain and develop operational procedures for inbound logistics, such as incoming goods receiving, warehousing and storing, material picking, staging and delivery to production. Coordinates logistics operations so that targets are met regarding material availability, safety, inventory accuracy and other related KPI’s
- Manage inventory receiving, warehousing, picking and shipping functions.
- Conduct recruitment, selection, development, and promotion of employees for these work areas.
- Seek feedback and drive continuous improvement of operations to customers.
- Manage a robust cycle counting process to achieve inventory accuracy >99% for components
- Manage rig shipping process to meet customer needs in the most cost-effective manner.
- Assure trade compliance regulations are followed and documented as required.
- Provide a safe working environment; identify and correct any unsafe work conditions/habits.
- Ensure all hazardous materials are handled properly and in accordance with regulations.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse and yard by planning and implementing lean methodology.
- Ensure product is stored in the most efficient manner without damaging parts.
- Manage expenses within budget.
- Provide training and education as needed to warehouse and shipping personnel.
- Review productivity data and provide feedback to all employees on job performance.
In this role, ideal candidate will have 5+ years in a manufacturing environment in planning, purchasing, production and/or logistics with at least one year working with warehousing operations. 2+ years’ experience coaching, developing, leading, or managing employees. Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Operations Management or other relevant area of study. You have stellar interpersonal skills and can empathize with and influence people from diverse backgrounds. You possess a strong sense of ownership, proactive, can-do attitude. A sense of curiosity and vigor to learn, grow and challenge the status quo. CPIM - APICS Certified Production & Inventory Management or similar certification is preferred.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, employee wellness and recreational discounts, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at sandvik.com/en/careers to the Warehouse and Logistics Manager position, Job Req. ID #R0032391.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set