Forklift Driver - 3rd Shift
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has 2 openings on our 3rd Shift for Forklift Drivers/Receivers in our Inbound Department.
As the 3rd Shift Forklift Driver/Receiver you will execute the operations functions at a transactional level; responsible for the safe and accurate receiving and storing of products to ultimately meet key performance indicators.
Main responsibilities Include:
- Adheres to safety and environment policies and procedures
- Executes warehouse operations (inbound or outbound)
- Follows correct process in work area at all times to achieve set daily operational KPI’s and to mitigate operational risks:
- Uses correct tools and materials safely in executing operational processes e.g. Forklift
- Completes daily inspections on equipment to ensure that equipment is safe to operate
- Participates in continuous improvement projects
- Load and unload freight in an efficient and safe manner
- Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage
- Participate in physical inventories
- Performs other duties as assigned
Experience and Required Competencies
- 0-3 years’ experience in Warehousing/ Distribution/ Supply Chain environment
- High School or equivalent experience. Post-secondary education/training in business or supply chain discipline would be of advantage.
- Desirable English Proficiency: Intermediate (CEFR B1/ Completed EF level 6)
- Organization Contribution: Operational controls, Warehouse efficiency, Warehouse improvement, Performance management
- KPIS: Inbound & outbound on time, Returns compliance, LPS close-out time, Goods in transit aging
Experience in Warehouse Distribution and or Supply Chain environment. A valid Forklift Operator License, good administrative and computer skills.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Forklift Operator position, Job Req. ID# R003101
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set