Packers 3rd Shift
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has 2 openings on the 3rd Shift for Packer I.
As a Packer I on the 3rd Shift, you will efficiently operate packing lines according to established procedures and customer specification, while meeting all quality standards. Over see the activities of associates assigned to specific packing area/product.
Main responsibilities Include:
- Package product into bags, boxes or totes per customer specifications.
- Document quality checks and enter into the system.
- Read and disseminate information on the product specifications and packaging requirements.
- Assist in training new associates and cross-training backup associates.
- Pull product samples and test product mix, labelling and or weight against specs.
- Follow all safety, environmental and quality guidelines.
- Must be able to perform all duties of Packer II.
- Maintain housekeeping duties around packaging equipment and in warehouse.
- Responsible for lockout/tagout of equipment when clearing jams or performing basic maintenance.
- Perform basic adjustments to operating equipment to maintain finished product conformity to specs.
- May perform other duties and participate in other projects as required by the department.
Leads task teams
- Leads small task teams in the warehouse to achieve the daily outcomes required. This includes:
- Allocation of responsibilities to individual team members
- Provision of backup support to all team members as required
- Provision of on the job coaching and guidance as and when necessary
- Answering technical queries of team members as required
Experience and Required Competencies
- Ability to adjust electromechanical equipment, enter information into GUI screens, work a specific shift, follow work procedures and safety rules, perform simple math calculations, identify and locate product which requires reading, counting and printing.
- Ability to red and understand and follow directions/instructions, identify different written forms box labels etc., write clearly onto forms and log sheets
- Have appropriate eye, hand and foot coordination to properly execute position.
- High School or equivalent experience. Post-secondary education/training in business or supply chain discipline would be of advantage.
- Desirable English Proficiency: Intermediate (CEFR B1/ Completed EF level 6)
Experience in Warehouse Distribution and or Supply Chain environment. A valid Forklift Operator License, good administrative and computer skills.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Packer I position, Job Req. ID# R0031012
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set