Machining Logistics Specialist
Walter USA in Waukesha, WI is looking for a:
Machining Logistics Specialist
The Machining Logistics Specialist supports all aspects of Logistics, Shipping, Receiving, Inspection, review of complaints, sourcing of rework, assembly, balancing, Tool Pre-setting, Laser Marking and inspection of project orders for the Walter US organization. Also, as needed, will be responsible for setting up CNC equipment and running machine demonstrations for training purposes.
Key Performance Areas
- Assembly, inspection, and documentation of Project orders
- Perform Quality inspections
- Perform manual machining operations for simple modifications
- Work with local suppliers for rapid response to customers regarding complaints
- Communicate and ship complaints to responsible PU’s or local suppliers when necessary
- Issue and receive Purchase orders to outside suppliers for repair work
- Follow up deliveries for outsourced repair work
- Shipping and Receiving
- Inventory counting
- Process tooling and or process solutions for projects. This would include processing of components utilizing the latest tooling technology, tool life estimates.
- Manage and work in conjunction with Walter Sales Companies to successfully deliver tooling and or part process solutions.
- Maintain up to date relevant knowledge of Walter products, Engineering systems and processes.
- Complete reports and communicate the status of the testing results
- Provide input, as needed, for generation of tooling purchase order requisitions for testing and machine demonstration purposes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by Manager
- Technical knowledge in all aspects of Machining
- Able to work independently to complete established procedures.
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative and solution oriented approach to problem solving with stakeholders
- Open mindset, think outside the box attitude & approach
- Computer skills with Microsoft office, and SAP
- 5-7 years of experience in manufacturing sector related to machining and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of cutting tool application, design and machining processes required.
- Proficient in CNC programming.
- CAD/CAM experience preferred.
- Shall carry himself/herself in a professional manner with exemplary attitude toward inside and outside customers
Walter USA, LLC. offers a highly competitive performance-based compensation program and generous benefit package that includes life, health, and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.walter-tools.com apply to the Machining Logistics Specialist position, Job Req. ID# R0030396.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set