Sandvik Palm Coast in, Palm Coast, FL is looking for a
Sandvik Palm Coast is a leading manufacturer of medical fine wire and components to the medical device industry. As part of the Sandvik Materials Technology organization, we offer a world of opportunities within our diverse businesses and cross-border networks to enable you to explore your potential and thrive in our company.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability, and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems.
Key Performance Areas
- Maintain positive relationships with suppliers.
- Coordinate with internal teams regarding their supply needs.
- Negotiates pricing and contracts including but not limited to Vendor Managed Inventories.
- Determine proper quantity, price and timing of all materials and communicate to internal customers.
- Review and establish safety stocking levels in conjunction with Production Manager and Production Control.
- Schedule and perform monthly inventory count on all raw materials and spools utilizing the Warehouse Clerk and members from Production. Align with Production on the count of enamels and oils to ensure timeliness.
- Closely monitor inventory to determine what products are needed (recommended frequency bi-weekly)
- Review the scheduled PO’s for the week and what is inbound, work to prevent late deliveries with the vendors.
- Develop purchasing strategies to ensure consistent inventory.
- Establish standard operating procedures for purchasing and monitor the effectiveness of procedures.
- Manage daily purchasing activities.
- Supervise Warehouse Clerk to ensure the duties are complete.
- Perform a weekly walk around and check in with the Shift Supervisors, Production Control, Production Manager, Quality Manager, EHS Officer, Engineering Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. Ensure that all their needs are being met by Purchasing.
- Develop Multiple Sourcing Strategy whenever possible for critical raw material supplies.
- Work with QEHS Manager to ensure that the ASL (Approved Supplier List) is accurate and up to date.
- Conduct Supplier Audits and Develop Supplier Audit Schedule.
- ISO standard QEHS - All Employees have the responsibility to follow our procedures and to work in a safe and healthy manner. All Employees have the authority to stop activities that threaten our Zero Harm and Right-From-Me policies.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in business administration or 5+ years of experience in Purchasing or similar position with supervisory/management background.
- You have good knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP Systems.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, strong critical thinking and negotiation skills, strong planning and organization skills, ability to work independently.
- You balance multiple priorities with ease while always delivering excellent results.
- You react well to change and are flexible and comfortable working in an ever-changing environment with a variety of contacts.
- You have a valid Forklift License and/or will obtain a Sandvik forklift certification within the first 60 days of hire date.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
Interested in joining our team, for immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ to the Purchasing Supervisor position, Job Req. #R0029612.
Check us out at www.sandvik.com .
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set