Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is looking for a Crate Builder in the Wood Shop Department for our Romeoville Illinois Warehouse operations.
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has 1 opening for a Clerk, Inventory.
As the Crate Builder you will be responsible for building crates for our machinery and parts for shipments both domestic and international.
Main responsibilities Include:
- Ability to build wood crates for our machinery for shipments both domestic and international
- Ability to build custom wood crates for packages for various size/weight machinery
- Perform daily inventory cycle counts
- Pull parts from inventory for assembly jobs
Experience and Required Competencies
- 1-2 years’ carpentry experience
- Ability to follow written instructions or specifications to build pallets, crates and stands
- Proficient in the use of electric and manual powered equipment such as table saws, skill saws, radial arm saws, drills, nail gun, measuring devices, drill bit and hardware
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Must be able to operate a forklift and lift truck
- High School or equivalent experience. Post-secondary education/training in business or supply chain discipline would be of advantage.
- Desirable English Proficiency: Intermediate (CEFR B1/ Completed EF level 6)
Experience in carpentry, Warehouse Distribution and or Supply Chain environment and attention to detail. A valid Forklift Operator License.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Wood Shop position, Job Req. ID# R0029183
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set