Junior Inventory Planner
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is seeing a
Junior Inventory Planner
Location: Lively, ON
For over 150 years the name Sandvik has been synonymous with quality and customer focus. Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
We are currently seeking a Junior Inventory Planner to join our team who will be responsible for maintaining stock optimization through analysis and communication between key stakeholders.
- Assists in ensuring continuous communication and collaboration of fleet forecasting and inventory management data with the regions and key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with PSSRs and the P&R Centre to ensure that current fleet data (including meter readings, failure reports, ongoing maintenance strategies) are accurately reflected in stock forecasting.
- Assist in analysis, feedback and solutions to improve the operation of all Sandvik Mining equipment models located at a mine site.
- Assist in analysis of new incoming equipment to sales area with targeted inventory planning in local stockrooms or select hubs as identified with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for stock, goods in transit, production stock and obsolescence reserve in the stockrooms of responsibility.
- Assist in analyzing and maintaining inventory parameters setting for standard assortment in the stockrooms of responsibility; including but not limited to various consignment stock levels.
- Responsible for the strategic stock in the stockrooms of responsibility.
- Ensures coordination with relevant stakeholders regarding any improvement activities related with inventory control.
- Participate and support regional/global initiatives or projects as needed.
Environmental Health and Safety
- Adhere to the Sandvik Environmental, Health & Safety policy.
- Attend Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings.
- Perform risk assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task.
- Identification and reporting of hazards when relevant
- Wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) assigned for each task.
Required Skills and Education
- Degree or College diploma in Business Administration
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience
- Previous experience in a mining environment would be preferred
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel and other related systems)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, ongoing development and training.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Junior Inventory Planner position, Job Requisition #R0028762.
We thank all applicants for their response, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
Deadline: Jun 21