Sandvik Machining Solutions in Mebane, NC is looking for a
Sandvik Machining Solutions, a part of Sandvik Inc. is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability, and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems.
Key performance areas
- Responsible for ensuring Production Demands are met by maintaining production stock records, purchasing parts and materials.
- Responsible for following-up with suppliers to expedite and monitor orders as well as to Lead and Develop the Logistics Area which includes Tool Stores, Shipping/Receiving and assembly area.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and defined inventory levels in accordance with Sandvik policy perform cycle counts
- Identifying areas to improve regarding production stock as well as consumables related to cutting tools, utilizing both production reporting systems (GSS – Production Stock) and internal inventory management systems (Maintenance Connection & SuppyPro – ToolCrib).
- Developing data to present in coordination with Engineering & Production Management to determine potential areas of improvement and savings as related to all materials (production stock as well as consumables).
- Developing and following procedures, by using analysis and forecasting logic, to determine Order Points and Order Quantities in relation to Net Working Capital.
- Work with vendors developing and maintaining pricing in our systems. Be an integral part of New Product Introductions supporting Engineering and Production Management to ensure timelines are met.
The ideal candidate should possess a minimum of College Degree. A minimum of 1 year of manufacturing or related planning experience which focuses on use of standard computer systems. (Additional equivalent experience will be considered.) Technical knowledge of manufacturing processes and recognized industry quality standards, desired but not required. Ability to be flexible with work schedule to provide department coverage and work in production as required.
- Must possess Supervisor Experience
- Forecasting and Analysis Knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Purchasing and Negotiating Experience
- Understanding of ERP/MRP systems
- Knowledge of Sandvik Systems as well as Microsoft Office (specifically Excel)
Physical Demands / Mental Demands & Work Environment
- The incumbent should expect to work in a manufacturing environment with work near moving mechanical parts
- Hearing protection and steel-toed shoes/boots/hard hats etc. maybe required when working in
- Subject to stress from repetitive motion, long periods of sitting
- Stress associated with meeting deadlines
- Analytical thinking, logic, positive attitude, alert, independent nature, broad minded, high pressure to produce results under time pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization, compatibility
- Organization of multiple simultaneous priorities
- Ability to react to constant change
- Basic Computer skills including Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Logistics Supervisor position, Job Requisition ID# R 0028494
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set