Asset & Lifecycle Specialist
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is seeking a
Asset and Lifecycle Specialist
Location: Sudbury, ON
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Asset and Lifecycle Specialist is responsible for working closely with the team to plan resources and material requirements to meet equipment delivery requests.
- Support internal sales & support networks to provide customer value on asset management & improvement opportunities.
- Review equipment performance & operating cost data relative to environmental and operational influencers including Sandvik Reliability Centre to provide feedback improvement opportunities to Equipment Lifecycle Models and product stakeholders.
- Develop solutions to technical issues arising from the supply of parts.
- Consistently liaise with the equipment division technical support desks (TSD’s) to ensure accuracy on technical issues and to provide specialist parts technical support.
- Assist with tender processes in relation to parts and development of localized POC modeling.
- Conduct technical support and parts interpretation to assist the customer support and services centre (CSC).
- Engage Portfolio & Category managers to ensure alignment between lifecycle support services & portfolio business development objectives.
- Engage sales team to support customer enquiry, proposal development and negotiation of lifecycle support services.
- Establish/acquire and maintain relevant recommended spares lists for Parts Supply in collaboration with the Central Planning team including recommended and critical spares relevant to fleet size.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Safety and Environment
- Complies with Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements
- Responsible for identifying and reporting any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and/or near misses.
- Maintains orderly work area and ensures housekeeping requirements are met
- Attends Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings
- Wears the required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Technical Degree or Diploma in a related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance planning experience within the heavy equipment industry
- Technical knowledge and understanding of heavy duty mining equipment
- Understanding of workshop procedures
- Able to work in a team environment
- Experience in project management and 5S or Lean workshops is preferred
- Advanced Computer Skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and database systems
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Compensation and Benefits
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Asset and Lifecycle Specialist job requisition R0028031. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Jun 20